Windows 10: Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

Discus and support Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue. Namely on Shutdown / Restart /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluetiger9, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue.

Namely on Shutdown / Restart / Sleep the laptop does NOT completely powers off, but gets stuck with the screen off but power light still on. To get over this the laptop need to be manually powered off from the power button.

From what I've seen, similar issues are reported on other older laptops:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-8e29f211b6ce
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-5d5bb22e2bf3
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...71069/page/116

The issue looks to be related to some of Intel drivers / firmware, maybe BIOS versions. Solutions, usually suggest disabling Intel Management Engine driver, or installing old drivers for Intel Management Engine.

I tried:
    - disabling Intel Management Engine from Device Manager
    - installing old drivers for Intel Management Engine (9.x. 8.x)
    - disabled fast startup
    - updating Intel drivers with different methods
    - tried installing different version of Windows 10 and also a Windows 8.1
    but none of these helped.

The issue is not a hardware issue, as the Shutdown / Restart / Sleep works fine from Safe Mode and also from Ubuntu.

Did anybody managed do get Windows 10 working on Asus K55VM laptops? Or managed to solve this issue on Asus K55VM-s, or similar models?

Hardware details:
    Intel Core i7 3670QM
    Intel Chief River Chipset HM76
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
    BIOS Version: BIOS 211 (2012/12/05, latest available)

Thanks,
    Attila

:)

bluetiger9, Dec 16, 2020
  2. little cat, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

I have an asus rog gl553vd. Installed a new windows 10 from the media creation tool.

When I select restart/sleep from the shutdown menu. The screen turns black but fans and keyboard light are on for a few minutes then the computer's turns off.

I booted boto safe mode and no issue there. Restart works well. As well as shutdown.

I tried everything. Disabled some drivers like Intel Management driver.

Disabled fast startup.

Some power option configurations nothing worked.

How can I determine it's not an hardware issue?

When I did a clean Install after the Installation finished and restart was prompt the computer froze and I had to shutdown manually.

Please provide me with some suggestions for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

NatiAlmaliah, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no
    change. I have also tried disabling fast startup and other commonly suggested steps available on the internet. Please help

ArpitPrakash1, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

1. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue - Similar Threads - Asus K55VM Shutdown

2. Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue: I have been having problems with windows shut down for a year. every time i have to shut it down manually using my power switch. i have tried several methods which have been mentioned online, nothing has worked so far. my pc is an Acer predator helios 300 2018. Pls, help me...
  3. RealTek RTL8168/8111 (Asus K55VM) driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek RTL8168/8111 (Asus K55VM) driver for Windows 10: Hi, I got a Asus K55VM laptop with a RealTek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E ethernet card in it. I'm trying to install Windows 10 (20H2) on this laptop. Unfortunately, there seems driver problem as the device ("Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller") is shown with a warning symbol in the...
  4. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue: Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no change. I have also...
  5. restart and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    restart and shutdown issue: laptop with high performance with ssd . its been some months im having high restart and shutdown issue 2-5 min . but low boot time . you can speak technically . running on latest version 2004 submitted by /u/levitation_lavender [link] [comments]...
  6. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...
  7. Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally

Asus ROG GL553VD won't restart/sleep/shutdown normally: I have an asus rog gl553vd. Installed a new windows 10 from the media creation tool. When I select restart/sleep from the shutdown menu. The screen turns black but fans and keyboard light are on for a few minutes then the computer's turns off. I booted boto safe mode and no...
  8. Windows 10: Laptop won't shutdown, restart or even sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Laptop won't shutdown, restart or even sleep: Hi Guys, Recently my laptop start to get real slow and i decided to by a Samsung EVO 850 250GB. I created an installation on a USB pen drive with the help of "Media Creation Tool" that can be found here Download Windows 10 and formatted the SSD disk and installed...
  9. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  10. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues: Hi everyone, I recently performed a clean Windows 10 install. (From upgraded Windows 10 system) Now, i am facing some shutdown/restart issues. I never had similar issues before even under the previous Windows 10 system. (Same hardware) When i perform a...