Windows 10: Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

Discus and support Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jongwonchoi, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM PERSISTED.After experiencing failed attempts to try and fix the problem, I gave up and decided to use the Reset This PC option.HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS.I, myself use Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron, AND NEVER experienced such a problem, when I changed all the settings.What might be causing this persistent proble

:)

Jongwonchoi, Mar 21, 2022
  2. AndreTen Win User

Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off

Making it to go sleep at log of is easy, as all user tasks are closed at the time. You could run a tool like Caffeine, set it to prevent machine to go to sleep, at log off it will close.

It is easier to just put machine to sleep, instead of lock it. Making it go to sleep when locked could be tricky. While machine is locked, any program, task etc. will still run. Just the same as when computer isn't locked.. But you could set powerplan to go to sleep after 1 minute, and before locking a machine, disable caffeine.

You can put a shortcut for sleep on desktop.

What exactly do you want to achieve?

AndreTen, Mar 21, 2022
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off

Your plan is kind of different than plan Microsoft (and others) have. It is easier to adapt yourself to system than to adapt the system to you.

My suggestion: set power plan at default settings (system go to sleep after... 20 minutes and turn off monitor after 10.) If you lock the system, or just don't interact with it it will go to sleep.

If you want to prevent it to go to sleep, run caffein or something like it... (music streaming will do too)

AndreTen, Mar 21, 2022
  4. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Mar 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

1. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and... - Similar Threads - Asus X750L locks

2. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  3. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  4. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  5. Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Asus X750L locks/sleeps when ALL SETTINGS are set to NEVER LOCK/SLEEP, and...: Hello, my older sister gave my parents the Asus X750L laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.From the very minute, my parents complained that the laptop was turning off by itself.Upon first inspection, I immediately switched all the sleep settings to NEVER.HOWEVER, THE...
  6. Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER"

Windows continually sleeping. Even When all preferences set to "NEVER": Hi All Having an issue with Windows continually sleeping, going to lock screen and then having to continually log back in. All preferences for "sleep" and "screen" have been set to "NEVER". This is becoming very frustrating when talking to a PowerPoint presentation...
  7. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.: windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep after 10 to 15 minutes of no mouse movement or typing. impossible to watch a movie or listen to streaming music which we do...
  8. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  9. Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise

Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise: Hello, When I lock my computer, it goes to sleep almost immediately despite changing all settings otherwise. I have tried the following: Change power settings to "never sleep" Set screen saver to "none" and turn off the "wait until x minutes to turn off display"...
  10. Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Windows 10 to only sleep when locked or logged off: Hello, Is it possible to set my Windows 10 desktop machine to only go to sleep when the machine is locked or logged off? Thanks 96532