Windows 10: Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work

Discus and support Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a mac mini running OSX with Windows 10 (version 1903 build 18362) on it. for years everything worked nicely. Suddenly yesterday when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grosron, Oct 12, 2019.

1. grosron Win User

Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work

Hi All,

I have a mac mini running OSX with Windows 10 (version 1903 build 18362) on it.

for years everything worked nicely.

Suddenly yesterday when I tried rebooting from mac to windows, the windows started saying "no bootable device found...."

I read many threads, including this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/f08d549b-176f-4a8b-a297-17b32919a664?auth=1

and all directed to using bootrec, but when I try to use it it fails saying "the system cannot find the file specified"

In one of the threads someone says that it might be a problem of the wrong version of the rescue disk, so I went ahead and downloaded the windows 10 installation disk and made sure in regedit that it is indeed the same version, but the result is the same.

One note is that when I boot using the installation drive my windows partition is automatically assigned the drive letter c: (while the installation disk itself is assigned the letter XWindows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work :)

just to make things clear - when I log in to OS-X I am able to see my windows partition and see all the files there, so the partition itself seems to be fine...

now I am kind of stuck without any idea what I can do and why I get this error.

Please - any clue to what I can do?

Thanks!

:)

grosron, Oct 12, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 12, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 (on bootcamp mac) started saying "No bootable device" and bootrec doesn't work - Similar Threads - bootcamp mac started

2. BootCamp for M1 Macs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootCamp for M1 Macs: Hey Microsoft can you ask apple to help upgrade BootCamp to M1 mac so I can play some windows games please. Thank you-JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-for-m1-macs/97786199-0752-494b-9fab-bb7e072fef1c
  3. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  4. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  5. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Audio not working on Mac using bootcamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio not working on Mac using bootcamp: Hey y'all, so I recently installed Windows 10 on my 2018 MacBook Air, and when I put my laptop to sleep, the audio turns off. I have to restart the computer every time I want the sound to work again. I tried updating the drivers, but nothing was available. If you have any...
  7. bootcamp mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    bootcamp mac: Hi every time I try to install windows 10 on my mac air, after downloading the iso image and restarting in windows, I get the error message windows can not be installed on t=drive 0 partition 1. I thought it was the usb key format but I'mnot sure. Have tried everything....
  8. Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP: I have no internet! It shows that I have no internet, it says I need to install a support driver... no idea what this means submitted by /u/chromeoM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1nx1v/windows_10_bootcamp_on_mac_help/
  9. Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp

Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp: Once again, an update to Win 10 on my Mac Pro has completly crashed. I'm running 4 x 1t drives. Yosemite, Time Machine, Win 7 and Win 10. For the third time now, Win 10 has done an update and crashed. It tries to start and just goes into a loop. Has anybody else had any...
  10. Windows, Mac & Bootcamp Confusion

Windows, Mac & Bootcamp Confusion: Ok, so I should start by saying I'm a windows user, and I'm simply trying to understand bootcamp. Ever since windows 8.1 I have started using my own heavily customised windows image as a starting point for any of my computers. It's a simple Macrium Reflect disk image. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootcamp saying no bootable device