Windows 10: Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC

Discus and support Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new blank hard drive for my PC which I intend to install Windows 10 on. My current hard drive has an activated copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Neale Robertson, May 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC

I have just purchased a new blank hard drive for my PC which I intend to install Windows 10 on. My current hard drive has an activated copy of Windows 10 on it linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to leave both drives in my computer and then choose which one to boot from. Will this be possible or will I run into problems with activation/licensing? For installation I have a purchased retail copy as well as the one created by Microsofts media creation tool.

:)

Neale Robertson, May 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 28, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC

1. Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC - Similar Threads - both drives Same

2. Windows 10 on 2 drives in same pc. Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on 2 drives in same pc. Problem: I have an ssd with windows 10 and a large platter drive. I decided to reformat the platter drive and then unhooked the sata cable from the ssd and used a flash drive to install windows on the hdd. I then decided I wanted to use the ssd again so I unplugged the hdd and plugged...
  3. Windows 10 on 2 drives in same pc. Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 on 2 drives in same pc. Problem: I have an ssd with windows 10 and a large platter drive. I decided to reformat the platter drive and then unhooked the sata cable from the ssd and used a flash drive to install windows on the hdd. I then decided I wanted to use the ssd again so I unplugged the hdd and plugged...
  4. Windows 10 on 2 drives in same pc. Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Both windows are opening same windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both windows are opening same windows: I had two windows installed. Now I have installed ubuntu also. Now there are two windows option after booting, but both are opening the same windows. What should I do to open the other one . Thank you in advance...
  6. Both windows are opening same windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both windows are opening same windows: I had two windows installed. Now I have installed ubuntu also. Now there are two windows option after booting, but both are opening the same windows. What should I do to open the other one . Thank you in advance...
  7. Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10: Disk management has formatted my second disk now I need to download window 10 which is what I have on Disk one how do I do this Thank You....
  8. Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...

Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...: Will I have any problem with this? I want to install Windows 10 on 2 separate SSD's, but it's extremely important for both installations to have C: as their drive letter. I also want to not be able to access the other drive, when booting from one....
  9. Repairing Windows on Different Drive of Same PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repairing Windows on Different Drive of Same PC: Hey there, Wonderful experience with windows today. So after trying to install an update on windows, my PC entered an endless boot cycle saying “Undoing changes...” as the rest of the screen was black. I was able to find an old hard drive lying around that happened to have...
  10. PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.

PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.: I had a dual boot win10/win8 which I have now upgraded to both win10. I chose "remove everything" when upgrading from Win8 to Win10 which should leave me with just a default Windows 10 installation I was hoping. When I look at the amount to disc space used on the harddisc...