Windows 10: Windows 10 on brand new laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 on brand new laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by janeboulton1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of days ago. I have removed all blocks, we've rebooted all devices and even tried removing him from the family and then adding him back, but when he tries to login he gets "Time's up! This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time. You need to ask an adult if you want more time today." He sends a request for more screen time, which comes to my MS account and I then grant it. Nothing happens. Clicking "my parent is here" brings up a choice of "Grant more screen time" yes / no. Clicking yes brings up "An error has occurred Since you are an administrator on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time." Clicking switch users or turn off PC takes us back to the login page and my son is the only user on the computer. Because we are not able to login to the computer, we are not able to add users, switch administrative privileges to an adult, or run the troubleshooter. Any ideas on how to fix this? It's driving us crazy and he's actually been unable to use it all so far. Help!!!

:)

janeboulton1, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
  3. menarez Win User
    brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Mike22182 Win User

Windows 10 on brand new laptop

Cannot pair brand new Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 3600 with brand new Lenovo X1 Windows 10 Pro

I cannot pair a brand new Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 3600 with a brand new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Lenovo Bluetooth driver is up to date. Laptop Bluetooth manager rarely sees the mouse but still cannot pair showing the message to check if
    the mouse is still discoverable. Any suggestions?

Mike

Mike22182, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 on brand new laptop

1. Windows 10 on brand new laptop - Similar Threads - brand laptop

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...: Hey, i just bought a new hp victus and it turns out that it doesnt support windows standard hardware security even though all the requirements for it are met. Not only that but even app and browser control doesnt work idk what to do....
  6. My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...

My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...: Hey, i just bought a new hp victus and it turns out that it doesnt support windows standard hardware security even though all the requirements for it are met. Not only that but even app and browser control doesnt work idk what to do....
  7. Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be...: Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be verified before you can proceed Verifying you are human. This may take a few seconds.' and then this is added underneath - 'Verification is taking longer than expected. Check your Internet...
  8. Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be...

Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be...: Brand new laptop wont let me access shopify log in page - 'Your connection needs to be verified before you can proceed Verifying you are human. This may take a few seconds.' and then this is added underneath - 'Verification is taking longer than expected. Check your Internet...
  9. How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...: I just open my new laptop and realized that I didn't gave it my full email address so the email address doesn't exist and the laptop will not do anything no even login bc there's not a email address that going to respond....
  10. How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...

How do I change the email address on a brand new laptop that has a email address that...: I just open my new laptop and realized that I didn't gave it my full email address so the email address doesn't exist and the laptop will not do anything no even login bc there's not a email address that going to respond....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create a new partition after install the OS in brand new laptop