Windows 10: Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)...

Discus and support Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:) 47% complete", no other info to give. If I see any answer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TexSpence#1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TexSpence#1 Win User

Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)...

Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... :) 47% complete", no other info to give. If I see any answer in this thread that references a Windows 8 or 8.1 install I'm going to scream. Just putting that out there.

:)

TexSpence#1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Antoneth Ber Win User

Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)...

Stuck on scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... :): 57%

Hello Artemis,

If the" Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... :)" stuck, you may wait for some time and check if there's any progress.

If there's no progress after an overnight, we can perform a Startup/Automatic repair using the Media Creation Tool.

To get started, let's create an installation media for Windows 10 (via USB) through this
    link.

Once we have the bootable USB, please follow these steps:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • Select Language, Time and currency format and the Keyboard or input method.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer, and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced option.
    • Select Automatic Repair, and select operating system.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on Dell Precision 5520. SSD drive - getting "Scanning and repairing drive (C:)... - Similar Threads - Dell Precision 5520

2. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) ...: Searched forums about this screen. Long story short, I ran into issues with my laptop (Dells XPS 9530) and reinstalled Windows, keeping all my files. That got my computer up and running again after hours of being unsuccessful. I reinstalled a bunch of programs and powered...
  3. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !: I apologize in advance for wall of text !! Trying to supply as much information as I can. I have a Windows 10 HP that's around 2 years old. The computer is in good shape physically but has not had antivirus for a while. Recently while on the internet I've gotten notices...
  4. Scanning and repairing drive D

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and repairing drive D: Hi guys im using a windows 10 acer predator desktop. Today after turning on my desktop it said scanning and repairing drive D without giving me the option to skip. I waited for it to be completed which took a few hours and after completing, it went to a black screen which...
  5. Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over

Scanning And Repairing C Drive Over and Over: My ASUS laptop running Windows 10 crashed and I had to turn it off by holding the power button. When I turned the laptop back on it had a message that it was scanning and repairing the C drive. After a few hours the instead of then starting up normally, a blue screen appears...
  6. Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK

Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK: When my computer does a chkdsk /r, and restarts, the scan will get stuck on 100%. I've let it sit for over 16 hours and it stays stuck. If I hit the reset button, it''ll restart, the Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete momentarily comes up, but then it moves forward...
  7. Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.: I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and Repairing Drive D: 9% Complete'. Can anyone help me? Kind Regards, MSM 36579
  8. Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete"

Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete": so yesterday i went to reset my computer and i got to the part where it said "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete" it got to 100% pretty fast but after that it never moved it has been stuck like this for around 15 hours what do i do? 65662
  9. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!: Hi, My PC has been Scanning and repairing my drive for the past 24 hours and it is stuck at 14%. This is the second time that I waited the next day for it to complete, but it stays at 14%. In that instance, I just hard reboot the machine and then I skip the disk check /...
  10. Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%: I restarted my Lenovo laptop the other day to its factory settings, and it's been stuck at 100% for Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile since yesterday when I woke up. So it's basically been stuck for an entire 24+ hours at 100%. What do I do? 69004