Windows 10: Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload

Discus and support Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am dealing with a really strange situation here. My desktop is a Window 10 Ultimate 64 system with 32Gb RAM. I recently upgraded my internet plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheBigBanik, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload

Hi, I am dealing with a really strange situation here. My desktop is a Window 10 Ultimate 64 system with 32Gb RAM. I recently upgraded my internet plan from 5 to 100Mbps. I firstly checked my laptop speed on speedtest.net on LAN and I got 96Mbps download and 9,6Mbps upload which is almost perfect. I then plug the same ethernet cable to my desktop and the speed was 30Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. I assumed that it was the network card so I sent it for a check. They got 96Mbps download nad 9,6Mbps upload in their space with the same internet provider plan at 100Mbps, excactly as my laptop's speed. They add a new PCI network card and test it again. The same high speed. Great. Coming back at home, I connect everything and the speed was 40Mbps download and 1,3Mbps upload, just a little better than before. Try the laptop speed again, 96 and 9,6 again, superb. I searched for hours the web and after many suggestions I managed to reach 89Mbps download which is almost what I need but the upload is stack at 1,5Mbps which makes no sence. Any advice on that? My internet provider has no clue, neither the service team that changed the network card. Thanks.

:)

TheBigBanik, Aug 25, 2020

2. Slow WiFi intenet speed after upgraded to Windows 10 Creators

1. I have one more desktop computer has the same issue. Both computers are using Netis WF2910 AC1200 USB wireless network adaptor. The driver is Realtek 8812AU wireless LAN 802.11ac USBNIC, version 1030.11.503.2016, Driver Date 10/26/2016. 4 more laptops
    were also updated to Creators but don't have any issue. The upload speed of the 2 desktop computers keep about the same upload speed level as before, only download speed become very slow.

I had one of the desktop rolled back to the previous version of windows 10 then the download internet speed came back to normal.

2. All 6 desktop PCs and laptops have Norton Security 2017 installed. Disabled Norton Security make no difference for improving wireless internet speed.

Chi Lun Hong, Aug 25, 2020
  3. doc89 Win User
    LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Aug 25, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload

Upload Speed slow in browser

For most ISPs, upload speed is a small fraction of download speed. (Verizon FIOS is a notable exception.) Looks like your upload maxes out at 20 Mbps. ("I have a 400/20 connection ...")

People typically confuse internet speed with LAN speed. Even if your upload is 20 Mbps, you're not going to upload any faster than your LAN sends the data to the modem.

All other things being equal, a WiFi connection will be slower than an Ethernet connection because there are many factors affecting WiFi speed that don't apply with an Ethernet connection.

BulldogXX, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload

1. Windows 10 on desktop slow Lan speed on upload - Similar Threads - desktop slow Lan

2. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  3. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  4. slow upload speed

slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  5. slow upload speed

slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  6. Windows 10 slow upload speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow upload speeds: Since moving to a new network my Windows 10 computer has had terrible upload speeds 0.2 - 0.5 according to the m-labs speedtest that appears on google and in general bad loading times. Youtibe videos always buffer and websites take forever to load.I have tested every port on...
  7. Windows 10 slow upload speeds

Windows 10 slow upload speeds: Since moving to a new network my Windows 10 computer has had terrible upload speeds 0.2 - 0.5 according to the m-labs speedtest that appears on google and in general bad loading times. Youtibe videos always buffer and websites take forever to load.I have tested every port on...
  8. Windows 10 slow upload speeds

9. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow upload speed: Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/9d1163f2-f95f-4cb1-85f5-5387127f331a
  10. Slow upload speed

Slow upload speed: I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician visited and traced...