Windows 10: windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

Discus and support windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidCater, May 22, 2023.

1. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file damaged'. Applies to several files saved recently in this way.;

:)

DavidCater, May 22, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2023
  3. XPS file opens if saved to desktop, but not a folder in Documents

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• Do you face the same issue with all the XPS files saved in Documents folder?
    • Do you get the error while saving it in Documents folder or while opening it from XPS viewer?
    Try to save it on other folders in File explorer and check if it works.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 22, 2023
  4. ssbtech Win User

windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

XPS file opens if saved to desktop, but not a folder in Documents

Having a strange problem here on Windows 10 Pro.

Printing a PDF file to XPS document type

If saving the file on the Desktop, the file opens in the viewer without problems.

When saving the XPS file to a folder located in Documents, the file won't open - XPS viewer says that the file cannot be opened.

Any thoughts here?

Thank you!

ssbtech, May 22, 2023
Thema:

windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

1. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given... - Similar Threads - desktop unable open

2. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...: Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file damaged'. Applies to several files saved recently in this way.;...
  3. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...: Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file damaged'. Applies to several files saved recently in this way.;...
  4. Windows word starter 10, unable to save documents into normal documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows word starter 10, unable to save documents into normal documents folder: As of yesterday I am unable to save a word document that I have made changes to and renamed. The error message keeps saying that I "don't have permission to store in this location and must get permission from the administrator." I AM the administrator! I recently added...
  5. Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder: Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint. Now I can't create and save in Paint 3D either. I was successfully using the Snipping Tool to copy and save images from those...
  6. unable to save files to Documents

unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  7. Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders

Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders: Since the past two days, after having downloaded a few documents, I am unable to open them. When I right click to open, it just gets stuck and I have to close it. I have tried moving the folder onto my desktop but once I open that and try to open a document inside, it just...
  8. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  9. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10: For last few days I am unable to save any document on desktop of my laptop running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-any-document-on-desktop-in-windows/e97a02f9-cf4a-4b27-b5e2-93066ba94897
  10. Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders: Hi, as with many I have upgraded to Windows 10 today and it is going well except for the fact I am unable to save any files or create new ones in the Documents and Pictures folders or any sub-folders within these folders, and I have no idea why it is doing this. For instance,...