Windows 10: Windows 10 on dual-boot license

Discus and support Windows 10 on dual-boot license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a custom-built computer with a full copy of Windows 10 Pro. It's not an OEM license. I installed Linux in a partition and now I dual-boot. Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VinceAggrippino, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on dual-boot license

I have a custom-built computer with a full copy of Windows 10 Pro. It's not an OEM license. I installed Linux in a partition and now I dual-boot. Most of the time, I prefer to run Linux.

Can I use my Windows 10 license in a virtual machine while I'm running Linux?

Currently, the message says "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device." Technically, that's inaccurate. It's the same computer, but I know the virtual machine looks like a different computer to the software.

:)

VinceAggrippino, Sep 6, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 on dual-boot license

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on dual-boot license

1. Windows 10 on dual-boot license - Similar Threads - dual boot license

2. windows 10 have license but want to dual boot for 32 and 64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 have license but want to dual boot for 32 and 64: would like to have a dual boot like I did for windows 7. one for 32 and one for 64 bit.need another license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-have-license-but-want-to-dual-boot-for/e3b7d119-2e05-4d2d-b53e-1f15969e95d6
  3. windows 10 have license but want to dual boot for 32 and 64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 have license but want to dual boot for 32 and 64: would like to have a dual boot like I did for windows 7. one for 32 and one for 64 bit.need another license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-have-license-but-want-to-dual-boot-for/e3b7d119-2e05-4d2d-b53e-1f15969e95d6
  4. windows 10 have license but want to dual boot for 32 and 64

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. dual boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot windows 10: Hi,I have windows 10 dual boot now running with windows 7.I want to start a 3rd dual boot entry. This will be a clean install of windows 10 on the same computer on a different HD. So I will have 2 versions of windows 10.I then want to slowly migrate to this new clean install....
  6. Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?: Can I activate both Windows 10 and Windows 11 dual boot on 1 computer with the same license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-dual-boot-with-the-same/198655be-ab87-4f23-bee3-d4ac335d65e0
  7. Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?: Can I activate both Windows 10 and Windows 11 dual boot on 1 computer with the same license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-dual-boot-with-the-same/198655be-ab87-4f23-bee3-d4ac335d65e0
  8. Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?: [ATTACH] So, I bought a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 on HDD. Now, I recently had an SSD installed on my laptop. But I am confused as to how I have the same win 10 on both drive C and D (with different data and settings ). Does someone have any idea what's happening...
  9. Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot 8 and 10, will both be licensed?: I installed W10 onto my daughters laptop, but rolled back to W8. Is it possible, now that there is a license for each, to partition and do a clean install of 10 creating a dual boot? and will both be licensed? Thank you. 99619
  10. Are there Windows 10 / 7 Dual Boot license restrictions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there Windows 10 / 7 Dual Boot license restrictions?: When Windows 10 comes out, I'll upgrade my 7 Pro license to 10. I really want a dual boot environment. I know how to build a 7 / 10 dual boot machine. Question is about licensing. Can I legally use my current Win 7 license along with the free upgrade license Windows 10...