Windows 10: Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working

Discus and support Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SevoosMinecraft, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working

/u/SevoosMinecraft, Mar 20, 2024

2. How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 (LBA) in Win10?

Hi,

I tried to format a PCMCIA card to FAT16(CHS) in Win10 PC.

The Microsoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16 (LBA) when formatting the using the normal Format.com in windows.
    I have now searched the net for another format program that can run under win 10, but have until now been unable to find one that works, any good ideas?

And also, from which windows version, the Micrisoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16(LBA)? Where can I get the official information for this change? Is there any documentation describing this change?

Yuanfei Cai, Mar 20, 2024
  3. Some hotkeys on the keyboard don't work after OOBE.

Yes. This is an expected result. In some devices, hotkeys need an UWP App support. UWP App would be installed during OOBE and some time after OOBE. If UWP App cannot complete installation, hotkeys cannot work. The UWP APP installation time depends on device
    configuration. Sometimes, it needs several minutes or more than half an hour.

Symptom:

Hotkey cannot work just after OOBE (out of box experience) for a new device or create a new account then first time log in with new account.

Workaround:

1. Wait a moment until UWP App would be installed completely.

Or

2. Manually launch the hotkey App at once. Windows will do UWP App installation at high priority if end user launch this App. So this App will be launched soon and hotkeys could work fine.

So this is neither a Windows bug nor a device issue. Just wait a moment, this will be OK.

duoduobear, Mar 20, 2024
  4. AirMech Win User

Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working

Win 10, Format to FAT16 not FAT16 (LBA)

Hi

We have 15 win 10 tablets that read and format a PCMCIA card, this is used for data transfer from helicopter health monitoring system.

After the latest update have Microsoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16 (LBA) when formatting the using the normal Format.com in windows. This can our helicopters not read.

We are running the format from the command prompt (batch program)

We have talked to Microsoft support – they acknowledge our problem – “but they are unable to help”
    Microsoft suggest update the helicopter – that is not an option.

We have now searched the net for another format program that can run under win 10, but have until now been unable to find one that works, any good ideas?

Best Regards,

Peter

AirMech, Mar 20, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working

1. Windows 10 on FAT16! Post-OOBE, UWP working - Similar Threads - FAT16 Post OOBE

2. Unable to get Windows OOBE working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get Windows OOBE working: Hi, I have 3 Surface laptops that are all Windows 11 Home. I would like to get Windows Out-of-box-experience working. I have configured the DNS in my Office 365 account. I have also configure Autopilot. I also added the devices into the hardware list by importing it. DNS...
  3. Unable to get Windows OOBE working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get Windows OOBE working: Hi, I have 3 Surface laptops that are all Windows 11 Home. I would like to get Windows Out-of-box-experience working. I have configured the DNS in my Office 365 account. I have also configure Autopilot. I also added the devices into the hardware list by importing it. DNS...
  4. How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 LBA in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 LBA in Win10?: Hi,I tried to format a PCMCIA card to FAT16CHS in Win10 PC. The Microsoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16 LBA when formatting the using the normal Format.com in windows. I have now searched the net for another format program that can run under win 10, but have until now...
  5. How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 LBA in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 LBA in Win10?: Hi,I tried to format a PCMCIA card to FAT16CHS in Win10 PC. The Microsoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16 LBA when formatting the using the normal Format.com in windows. I have now searched the net for another format program that can run under win 10, but have until now...
  6. How to Format to FAT16 not FAT16 LBA in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Home OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home OOBE: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied rebuilding it, but I made a Windows 10 bootable USB and reset my Laptop. Problem I’ve got is that the motherboard license on this...
  8. Windows 10 OOBE on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OOBE on startup: Ok so when i restart i keep getting oobe i already did the oobe so what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oobe-on-startup/ce662a2f-0313-4f0f-addb-7427dcedb559
  9. MBR FAT16 READ WRITE

MBR FAT16 READ WRITE: Hi, I am running Win 10 VS 2013 dev environment. I have a USB 25MEG SSD that is bootable. I want to read the MBR from one USB 25MEG SSD then write the MBR to another. Any recommendations? I don't mind writing my own utility, but where to start. Boyd...
  10. Win 10, Format to FAT16 not FAT16 (LBA)

Win 10, Format to FAT16 not FAT16 (LBA): Hi We have 15 win 10 tablets that read and format a PCMCIA card, this is used for data transfer from helicopter health monitoring system. After the latest update have Microsoft changed the FAT16 format to FAT16 (LBA) when formatting the using the normal Format.com in...