Windows 10: Windows 10 on HP Envy - Touchpad / Clickpad suddenly quit working properly Sometimes even...

Discus and support Windows 10 on HP Envy - Touchpad / Clickpad suddenly quit working properly Sometimes even... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some time, several years, I've had no issues with my Hp Envy laptop with clickpad / touchpad Then suddenly out of the blue about 5 days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LocoLLB, May 14, 2020.

1. LocoLLB Win User

Windows 10 on HP Envy - Touchpad / Clickpad suddenly quit working properly Sometimes even...

For some time, several years, I've had no issues with my Hp Envy laptop with clickpad / touchpad

Then suddenly out of the blue about 5 days ago without any known new updates the clickpad had gone totally crazy.

Among other random actions, It wouldn't click at all over subject, will not open windows or subjects or both left and right click not working or it frozen up so completely until I had to use touch screen to close chrome and restart windows 10
    or in home screen desktop without clicking on anything the cursor drags a translucent blue box growing larger across the screen
    And the cursor will also grab windows tab and pull it down without clicking anything!
    I tried going back to restore point to no avail
    I have totally un-installed and reinstalled windows 10 I have uninstalled and re-installed driver for clickpad
    Clickpad info

Synaptics Gesture Suite

SGS Version: SGS 19.2

ClickPad Series 1.5 - Imaging Sensor

Driver Version: 19.5.10.79 16Apr19

Firmware Version: 1.2

Interface: SMB

Windows Version: Win10

I have updated and re-updated just about every driver I can think of still of no use!
    It's like a wicked jack in the box! Never knowing which moment things will freeze up, move around close a window etc!
    and knowing it is just a matter of when not if!
    Anyone out there have any idea what's gone wrong?
    right now just feeling lucky if when working at all and that most of the time I can at least restart laptop using touch screen!
    Thanks ahead of time for any who can help me out

:)

LocoLLB, May 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 changed HP Envy clickpads setting

I have an HP Envy 17t-3000 CTO Notebook PC and recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10. Every time I restart the machine, my clickpad scroll setting unchecks so that I cannot scroll using the side of the clickpad until I go through the whole process of turning
    it back on. It's getting really annoying and I can't find any help on this problem.

DeborahGreshamOR, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 changed HP Envy clickpads setting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 14, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 on HP Envy - Touchpad / Clickpad suddenly quit working properly Sometimes even...

Touchpad, Clickpad, and Bluetooth Mouse - Scrolling and Other Actions not working properly

Hi Richard,

It seems that the drivers installed are not compatible with Windows 10 since your devices were working fine with Windows 8. To resolve the issue, we suggest reinstalling the drivers of your touchpad and Bluetooth mouse. For the steps, please check the following
    articles:

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on HP Envy - Touchpad / Clickpad suddenly quit working properly Sometimes even... - Similar Threads - Envy Touchpad Clickpad

2. hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.: Hi i need help my touchpad/clickpad (synaptics) stopped working when i installed bios and mouse drivers earlier from the official hp website today and im really struggling to get a solution...ive tried almost everything i could possibly do..i need help.Im currently using...
  3. hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.: Hi i need help my touchpad/clickpad (synaptics) stopped working when i installed bios and mouse drivers earlier from the official hp website today and im really struggling to get a solution...ive tried almost everything i could possibly do..i need help.Im currently using...
  4. Camera not recording properly on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not recording properly on HP Envy: Tried to create my first video with audio on my new HP Envy. Camera recorded only one second. Reset camera - same thing. What now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-recording-properly-on-hp-envy/17530e04-43a9-400d-9e6c-492dfd64e871
  5. HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: I am turning to the Microsoft community for help after a number of days trying to resolve issues I am having with the touchpad on my HP Spectre x360 laptop. For some reason the touchpad is no longer scrolling, zooming, and the touchpad option menu under mice and pointing...
  6. My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer suddenly quit working and I can no longer print documents...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer suddenly quit working and I can no longer print documents...: My HP Envy 5530 Wireless Printer has been working well and yesterday it stopped printing from my computer and I cannot fix the problem. I had moved and had purchased an Epson printer but had problems with it and reinstalled my HP Envy 5530 a couple of months ago and the...
  7. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  8. DisplayPort suddenly quit working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DisplayPort suddenly quit working: Hey guys, So i turned my computer on this morning, no problem. DisplayPort fully functional. Has been fully functional all day, Then i walk away from the PC and make supper, I come back to it untouched except no display anymore. For whatever reason the DisplayPort just...
  9. HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working

HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working: no battery on back... tried using fn keys and rebooting to no avail, but what worked was pressing the power button on the left side of the laptop at the same time as/along with the sound/mute button on the right side of the laptop makes it power off by force rather than by...
  10. HP Envy battery not working properly

HP Envy battery not working properly: My battery in my HP Envy runs out in about half an hour and turns off at about 30% until I plug it in again. I've tried playing around with battery saving settings but none of them work, is there anything else I can do or should I just try replacing the battery? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://driverupdater.esecureshoppe.com/