Windows 10: Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update

Discus and support Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently used the Norton Power eraser and upon re-start had problems. I used the revert tool to restore. Computer is running, although I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paulos123, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Paulos123 Win User

Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update

I recently used the Norton Power eraser and upon re-start had problems. I used the revert tool to restore. Computer is running, although I get the "Failed to Connect to Group Policy Client message on every start up, but the computer starts and I can use it as I always have.
    I thought I could remedy the "Failed to Connect" message by running Windows update, but when I try, the progress dots on top of the screen just keep flashing from left to right with no outcome. I checked this and other sites and saw that I should activate the advance settings under "Update and Recovery". When I open the Update and Security tab, I see no "advanced settings".
    Can someone assist me to resolve this. I offer my thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

Paulos123, Nov 6, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 6, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update :)

musum, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update

1. Windows 10 on HP not updating cannot see "advanced settings" in Update - Similar Threads - updating cannot advanced

2. Windows 10 : Settings -> Windows Update -> Delivery Optimization -> Advanced Options ->...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 : Settings -> Windows Update -> Delivery Optimization -> Advanced Options ->...: Clicking the Tick Boxes in the above window and attempting to change the'Limit how much bandwidth is used for uploading updates to other PCs on the Internet'slider OR the'Monthly upload limit'sliderhas no effect .Shouldn't this be prompting me for an Admin Password , or,...
  3. how to on registry settings for windows update advance options

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to on registry settings for windows update advance options: Hello Guys and Gals. I need to change computers advance update settings. and it seems I can do this via registry because I am not allowed to touch domain group policy. so, I am using a 3rd party purchased software to deploy a script to computers . In my script I can use...
  4. where are the advanced update settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where are the advanced update settings: Does anyone know where are the advanced update settings you change from the GUI located? The policies are well documented, but that's not always the solution, because you cannot change anything in ther GUI since it will be greyed out. The AUOptions key is not that important...
  5. Cannot even see Windows Update function

Cannot even see Windows Update function: So Windows Update does not even exist on my computer. I don't know where to turn or what to do with this. I've tried all these other Windows solutions but it also came up with "Access denied" [ATTACH]...
  6. Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.

Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.: The option circled in RED will allow me to turn it off, but then it turns itself, right back on again. [img] Is there a registry setting that will keep this turned OFF. Windows 10 Home 163624
  7. Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop

Cannot Update Windows on HP Laptop: I tried updating with the update assistant. I am getting this error message. I was unable to copy a printscreen within this message What needs your attention HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS needs to be upgraded before you can upgrade to Windows 10 Uninstall this app now...
  8. I cannot see Windows 10 October update in my Windows update

I cannot see Windows 10 October update in my Windows update: When I click Check for updates in Windows update, it says No updates are available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-cannot-see-windows-10-october-update-in-my/7a90e8b4-7ba7-4e2f-bd07-948b4b3ab3cc
  9. ADVANCED SETTINGS IN UPDATE WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADVANCED SETTINGS IN UPDATE WINDOWS: WIN 10 GO INTO WINDOWS UPDATE THEN AVANCED WINDOWS UPDATE OPTION,1ST CHOICE GIVE ME UPDATES OPTION ON FINE BUT 2ND OPTION SAYS AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD WILL NOT STAY ON "ON" GOES TO "OFF". NOMATTER HOW MANY TIMES IT GOES RIGHT TO OFF? HELP...
  10. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...