Windows 10: Windows 10 on i7-3517U

Discus and support Windows 10 on i7-3517U in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Can someone please advise if it is worthwhile to run Windows10 on a i7-3517U, 1.9GHz processor (released 2012) I just upgraded my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by InkaHeile, Jun 14, 2019.

1. InkaHeile Win User

Windows 10 on i7-3517U

Hello,

Can someone please advise if it is worthwhile to run Windows10 on a i7-3517U, 1.9GHz processor (released 2012)

I just upgraded my laptop hardware (SSD and RAM) and would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But if that processor will be slow I'd rather buy a new machine.

Thank you for your help.

:)

InkaHeile, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 on i7-3517U

Incompatibility of Windows 10 with CPU Intel Core i7-3517U

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select view all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Check if the issue persist in clean boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

As your computer came with Windows 8.1 you can roll back to Windows 8.1 within 30 days from the day of windows 10 installation.

I would suggest you to click on below link to go back to your previous version of windows:

Go back to your previous version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/go-back-to-your-previous-version-of-windows

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If you want to install Windows 7 you will have to purchase license for Windows 7 and also check with computer manufacturers if you can install Windows 7.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

RavindraKamath1709, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 on i7-3517U