Windows 10: Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

Discus and support Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have a REALLY SLOW old laptop and I'd like to reset/restart/reinstall Windows 10 but the OS came preinstalled. How can I find the existing key on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by watercolorslessthan3, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

So I have a REALLY SLOW old laptop and I'd like to reset/restart/reinstall Windows 10 but the OS came preinstalled. How can I find the existing key on this slowed down computer?

:)

watercolorslessthan3, Dec 6, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

1. Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key? - Similar Threads - key came preinstalled

2. HOW DO I GET MY PRODUCT KEY ON A DEVICELENOVO V15 IGL WITH PREINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 PRO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HOW DO I GET MY PRODUCT KEY ON A DEVICELENOVO V15 IGL WITH PREINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 PRO?: I got this pc Lenovo v15 Igl just today as a gift and I've been trying to set it up.it is a new one as the os windows 10 pro was only installed on the 15th of December 2023.but setting it up with my account and all I don't find any record of the product key or digital...
  3. How to go back to Windows 10 on a computer that came preinstalled with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to Windows 10 on a computer that came preinstalled with Windows 11?: I got a new computer on Black Friday, and it's perfect, except for one problem: it came preinstalled with Windows 11. The new OS is a dumpster fire that's making MacOS look better and better, and I cannot express how much I hate Apple. That's how bad Windows 11 is.If I had...
  4. How to go back to Windows 10 on a computer that came preinstalled with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to Windows 10 on a computer that came preinstalled with Windows 11?: I got a new computer on Black Friday, and it's perfect, except for one problem: it came preinstalled with Windows 11. The new OS is a dumpster fire that's making MacOS look better and better, and I cannot express how much I hate Apple. That's how bad Windows 11 is.If I had...
  5. If a computer came preinstalled with Windows 10, Can I download windows 8.1 and use that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If a computer came preinstalled with Windows 10, Can I download windows 8.1 and use that...: I got my computer preinstalled with Windows 10, but I don't like how it functions and downloaded the Windows 8.1 ISO file on Microsoft.com. Can I use the Windows 8.1 ISO instead of the Windows 10? If so, how do i set it up correctly?...
  6. Preinstalled windows key

Preinstalled windows key: Hello good evening, I purchased a laptop HP Probook G 7 10th gen. comes with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home, when I check the key version with the software '' show key plus '', I found that the OEM key is Windows 8 version RTM OEM, but I assume that the key should be...
  7. Do I need a Windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need a Windows 10 key?: Hi, I just wanted to ask if I need a new Windows 10 key when I reset my entire pc. Brauch ich ein Windows 10 key?
  8. Mail app that came with Windows 10 location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail app that came with Windows 10 location: I got a new PC with Windows 10 and I was wondering where the .exe location is for the Mail app that came with the PC is at so I can add a shortcut of it to my start up folder. Thank you....
  9. How do I activate windows 10 pro key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I activate windows 10 pro key?: I recently purchased a laptop with unactivated windows 10 Home. However, when I key in my windows pro key, it gives me an error code: 0xC004F211. How do I do this? submitted by /u/Deadwatch [link] [comments]...
  10. How can I find Product key of preinstalled Window 10 in my desktop

How can I find Product key of preinstalled Window 10 in my desktop: Hi Can u pls help me to find product key of preinstalled Windows 10 in my HP make desktop. I have bought this product 495 days ago so HP don't want to support as warranty got finished. I don't have neither digital license nor product key CD/DVD for activation of Windows...