Windows 10: Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, For the last couple of days, I have been waking up to find that my laptop has turned on itself. I have tried to go into Power and Sleep to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Christinaszeman, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Hello,

For the last couple of days, I have been waking up to find that my laptop has turned on itself. I have tried to go into Power and Sleep to fix this problem, however it still continues.

I have to put my laptop to sleep because Adobe Audition doesn't save my work. How else do I fix this issue and not have Window 10 laptop turn on after I put it to sleep.

:)

Christinaszeman, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Windows 10 not sleeping properly & draining battery

So I had purchased an ASUS Q325UA laptop over the summer for school, but seem to be having some issues with it, specifically with windows. The two problems I am having are that

• #1 when I close the lid to sleep the laptop, at least 60-70% of the time, opening the lid does not turn the screen on, and neither does the power button. I actually have to hard shut down the laptop and turn it back on for it to work.
    • And #2 the second sleep function is that when I do sleep my pc, and it does work, it continues to drain my computer as if the screen were almost on and the laptop was still running.
    I have the "closing lid sleeps laptop" feature on so it's definitely something going on with windows 10.

I also make sure to keep all my drivers and Windows updates constantly as well.

MichaelJGilson, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

1. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop Constantly turning

2. My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night SOLVED: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...
  3. My PC turns on by itself during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC turns on by itself during the night: I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated. In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself and wake me up. Not every night, but often. I turned of...
  4. Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade: Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 with an i3-2330M, Integrated HD Graphics, and 4GB of RAM. Ever since 1803 was released this computer presented a particular issue: at some point during the install process (during the final parts of the setup, perhaps after driver...
  5. Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on: I'm fed up with this. I did a google search and its not new, this is a real problem with windows 10. At least once a week sticky keys turns on overnight when the pc is not even in use. Then I lose a lot of time having to climb behind a machine to unplug and restart several...
  6. ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10: Long story short guys, so I was upgrading my ASUS Notebook to Windows 10 this morning, everything seemed to be going perfectly (I was performing a clean install), but all of the sudden for some reason, during at one point in the installation, my notebook turned off by itself,...
  7. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143
  8. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...
  9. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...