Windows 10: Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, For the last couple of days, I have been waking up to find that my laptop has turned on itself. I have tried to go into Power and Sleep to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Christinaszeman, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Hello,

For the last couple of days, I have been waking up to find that my laptop has turned on itself. I have tried to go into Power and Sleep to fix this problem, however it still continues.

I have to put my laptop to sleep because Adobe Audition doesn't save my work. How else do I fix this issue and not have Window 10 laptop turn on after I put it to sleep.

:)

Christinaszeman, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

Windows 10 not sleeping properly & draining battery

So I had purchased an ASUS Q325UA laptop over the summer for school, but seem to be having some issues with it, specifically with windows. The two problems I am having are that

• #1 when I close the lid to sleep the laptop, at least 60-70% of the time, opening the lid does not turn the screen on, and neither does the power button. I actually have to hard shut down the laptop and turn it back on for it to work.
    • And #2 the second sleep function is that when I do sleep my pc, and it does work, it continues to drain my computer as if the screen were almost on and the laptop was still running.
    I have the "closing lid sleeps laptop" feature on so it's definitely something going on with windows 10.

I also make sure to keep all my drivers and Windows updates constantly as well.

MichaelJGilson, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

1. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop Constantly turning

2. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  3. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  4. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  5. Constant crashes during sleep mode

6. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  7. Laptop turning itself on

Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  8. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  9. Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade: Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 with an i3-2330M, Integrated HD Graphics, and 4GB of RAM. Ever since 1803 was released this computer presented a particular issue: at some point during the install process (during the final parts of the setup, perhaps after driver...
  10. Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on: I'm fed up with this. I did a google search and its not new, this is a real problem with windows 10. At least once a week sticky keys turns on overnight when the pc is not even in use. Then I lose a lot of time having to climb behind a machine to unplug and restart several...