Windows 10: Windows 10 on my laptop is broken

Discus and support Windows 10 on my laptop is broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my computer the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen shows up. I choose English, after that it gives me the options of Troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHenein, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 on my laptop is broken

Whenever I turn on my computer the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen shows up. I choose English, after that it gives me the options of Troubleshoot or Turn off your PC. I click troubleshoot and not all of the advanced options are there, including Reset this PC, which im pretty sure i need in this situation.

I have already tried System Restore and it just says "To use System Restore, you must specify which windows intallation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore".

I try using Go Back To The Previous Version, but it just tells me to try reseting my pc instead, which I can't do because Reset This Pc isnt in the Advanced Options.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

P.S I would like to keep my files but if it's 100% impossible to keep them I dont really mind. I dont have a backup unfortunately

:)

DavidHenein, Jul 19, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 on my laptop is broken

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on my laptop is broken

1. Windows 10 on my laptop is broken - Similar Threads - laptop broken

2. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  3. I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after it factory reset the hdmi...: i factory reset my laptop that has a broken screen and after the update the hdmi isnt working and i cant see the screen on my tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-factory-reset-my-laptop-that-has-a-broken-screen/4493b3f6-d835-4057-9675-ab3c8923de96
  4. KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop: After KB5035853 was installed on my thinkpad x1 carbon gen 9 laptop, the charging stopped working and usb3 to hdmi support broke. I thought this was some hardware failure, but tried to revert the update first. Attempting to revert this update by windows restore bricked my...
  5. KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop

KB5035853 Has broken multi-monitor support and charging in my laptop: After KB5035853 was installed on my thinkpad x1 carbon gen 9 laptop, the charging stopped working and usb3 to hdmi support broke. I thought this was some hardware failure, but tried to revert the update first. Attempting to revert this update by windows restore bricked my...
  6. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  7. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  8. How to get data from a broken surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get data from a broken surface laptop: Hello all,Recently, we were using my surface laptop to play music on the outside rooftop area. It was on a ledge and someone happened to knock it over. The computer took a hard hit and is quite damaged. My concern is if I can get the data, like downloaded PDFs and files from...
  9. How to get data from a broken surface laptop

How to get data from a broken surface laptop: Hello all,Recently, we were using my surface laptop to play music on the outside rooftop area. It was on a ledge and someone happened to knock it over. The computer took a hard hit and is quite damaged. My concern is if I can get the data, like downloaded PDFs and files from...
  10. Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop

Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop: As of yesterday Bluetooth won't connect to anything. I tried to remove my Xbox wireless controller first and then it wouldn't remove. It also wouldn't connect to it in the first place. So I tried removing it in device manager in the Bluetooth section and it would still be...