Windows 10: Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous.

Discus and support Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd been having problems with Windows 10 on a number of laptops, but tonight was the last straw - one of my laptops turned itself on while it was in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eograph, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous.

I'd been having problems with Windows 10 on a number of laptops, but tonight was the last straw - one of my laptops turned itself on while it was in my laptop bag in my car and became so hot it was almost too hot to handle, I'm lucky the thing didn't catch fire..........(and it could of been much worse as it was placed about a foot from a tin of acetone that I had bought earlier to clean my 3d printer) , and still working afterwards!

This is after a month of playing "wack a mole" shunting down ways in which it could find reasons to turn itself on.

How is this sort of BS in anyway acceptable? and is there any 3rd party program that can identify all the loopholes Win 10 uses to turn computers back on so this never happens again?

submitted by /u/Eograph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eograph, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous.

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous.

1. Windows 10 on my laptop - So bad it's now dangerous. - Similar Threads - laptop bad dangerous

2. Why is Windows File Preview so bad now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows File Preview so bad now?: Windows 11 file preview for folders is just so useless now. First, the file that is automatically chose as preview is program file, which makes it useless when trying to distinguish between folders all using the same program. Instead it should first choose the image file like...
  3. Why is Windows File Preview so bad now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows File Preview so bad now?: Windows 11 file preview for folders is just so useless now. First, the file that is automatically chose as preview is program file, which makes it useless when trying to distinguish between folders all using the same program. Instead it should first choose the image file like...
  4. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  5. Why is Windows 10 so Bad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 so Bad: I am fed up with Windows 10 and how it operates to print. I cannot find a way to default it from opening up another we page to view and print. It is a total useless and i would prefer to go back to previous version of windows as they were certainly more user friendly. Rant...
  6. Why is my laptop so slow now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my laptop so slow now?: My laptop isn't the greatest but it's always worked fine but recently it got turned off in the middle of an update and I was forced to factory reset the laptop but now it's running really slow. Apps stop responding when I try to close them, and they take forever to open. I...
  7. The windows updates are so bad and make my laptop so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The windows updates are so bad and make my laptop so slow: Ever since I updated windows ten, my computer got so slow. Even though my computer is 1 year old. So I saw another update and thought that it was fixing this problem and this is not the only problem I have had with the new update, my laptop over heats so fast and my battery...
  8. Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?: I am sick of connecting through Bluetooth on my Windows 10 1. Disconnects automatically randomly 2. Bluetooth is on but can't connect to the device because it tells that your bluetooth is off. 3. Devices appear when bluetooth is toggled off, disappear when toggled on. 4....
  9. Why is Windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 so bad?: All, the unspoken rule is avoid the even numbered Win versions or releases....never more true then with Win 10...each successive update brings unreasonable challenges to users...anyone know if MS can be sued for an incessantly defective product? I have a fast SSD..etc...
  10. Why is windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is windows 10 so bad?: Windows 10 breaks easily with Microsoft's god damn updates. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly at all. Back in june I couldn't launch Overwatch and that went on until august when I installed Linux and low and behold using wine it started to work. Currently I am back on...