Windows 10: Windows 10 on new HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 on new HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Question for you guys. My HDD is beginning to go. I have a new one to replace it but I'm worried about reloading Win10. The computer came per loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Moewest, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Moewest Win User

Windows 10 on new HDD

Question for you guys. My HDD is beginning to go. I have a new one to replace it but I'm worried about reloading Win10. The computer came per loaded with 7 from HP and I got the update to 10, but I couldn't tell you where the product code is. How should I go about this without having th get a new machine or repurchase Win10?

:)

Moewest, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 on new HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on new HDD

1. Windows 10 on new HDD - Similar Threads - HDD

2. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  3. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  4. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  5. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  6. C Drive switched to HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  7. C Drive switched to HDD

C Drive switched to HDD: Hello i need help I accidentally removed the permissions of my C drive which is an SSD and boots up windows. Doing this caused the C Drive to rename my HDD external Hard drive to the C Drive. Now when I boot up my pc it loads the desktop but only a black screen, nothing else....
  8. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  9. ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable

ASUS Laptop Windows 11 Home constant BDOS and internal HDD showing as removable: Hello, I am currently facing an issue with my ASUS Vivobook laptop that is running Windows 11 Home. I am facing constant BDOS and restart issues. In addition, my internal HDD is showing as removable.I believe those issues started creeping up after I updated some drivers...
  10. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....