Windows 10: Windows 10 on older computer

Discus and support Windows 10 on older computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I bought a new to me desktop off of Amazon to use in working from home. Unfortunately, my system wasn't working properly and I tried to reset it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SJones2, Apr 1, 2021.

1. SJones2 Win User

Windows 10 on older computer

Hello

I bought a new to me desktop off of Amazon to use in working from home. Unfortunately, my system wasn't working properly and I tried to reset it to factory settings and found got a message that this computer has no operating system. I suspect that the seller company uses the same license for multiple computers, but I don't know for sure. I can't get recourse from the seller. So, I want to put Windows 10 Pro on this computer and use it as my primary computer to work from home. But before I buy Win10 Pro, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to make the install successful. Is this pretty easy or should I just take the computer to GEEK Squad?

Thanks in advance for the help

:)

SJones2, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on older computer - Similar Threads - older computer

2. Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer: Hi all - Attempting to get support from Microsoft however no response thus far. I have windows 10 on my previous computer and just finished building my new one. I downloaded windows 10 on my new PC, a few days later the update to windows 11 occured, however it is not...
  3. Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 11 after moving from an older computer: Hi all - Attempting to get support from Microsoft however no response thus far. I have windows 10 on my previous computer and just finished building my new one. I downloaded windows 10 on my new PC, a few days later the update to windows 11 occured, however it is not...
  4. got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...: got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my programs except my Hallmark Card Studio program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-new-hp-computer-to-upgrade-an-older-hp/9d9ff000-626b-4b90-8639-5ad1f079d0fb
  5. got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...

got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...: got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my programs except my Hallmark Card Studio program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-new-hp-computer-to-upgrade-an-older-hp/9d9ff000-626b-4b90-8639-5ad1f079d0fb
  6. How do I boot XP onto an older computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot XP onto an older computer?: Hello,I am trying to boot XP onto a DELL Dimension 8110, but I'm having quite a bit of difficulty.I have tried to boot it from the ISO being burnt onto a disc, but this did not help. I kept getting the 'Diskette 0 seek failure' error, which I fixed by deactivating the...
  7. How do I boot XP onto an older computer?

How do I boot XP onto an older computer?: Hello,I am trying to boot XP onto a DELL Dimension 8110, but I'm having quite a bit of difficulty.I have tried to boot it from the ISO being burnt onto a disc, but this did not help. I kept getting the 'Diskette 0 seek failure' error, which I fixed by deactivating the...
  8. I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working....: I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working. Originally windows 7, intel core i5 and radeon graphics on a HP Probook S - series.Since 7 is not supported, can I upgrade to a higher windows and how to do it, if it cant find windows 7 on the...
  9. I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working....

I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working....: I have an older computer with windows 7, started it up and windows 7 not working. Originally windows 7, intel core i5 and radeon graphics on a HP Probook S - series.Since 7 is not supported, can I upgrade to a higher windows and how to do it, if it cant find windows 7 on the...
  10. Windows won't recognize my password when I try to log in from an older computer

Windows won't recognize my password when I try to log in from an older computer: I have an older laptop that I want to use. However, even though I’m sure it was correct, no matter how many times I enter it, I always get the message “That password is incorrect. Make sure you’re using the password for your Microsoft account. If you can’t remember your...