Windows 10: Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!

Discus and support Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all - I know this is a long-shot but I am looking for some clues as to solving some really unusual problems with Windows 10 PC (64 bit), Ryzen 2700X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/juzzle, Jul 25, 2020.

1. /u/juzzle Win User

Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!

Hi all - I know this is a long-shot but I am looking for some clues as to solving some really unusual problems with Windows 10 PC (64 bit), Ryzen 2700X 16 GB RAM, MSI Motherboard. The PC has 3 SSDs, 2 HDDs and 4 HDDs (USB). The machine is running 3333 Mhz memory and is not overclocked. I've installed no major software in the last fortnight, nor have I tweaked any hardware settings. I am running things like Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and the usual range of utilities.

I bought this PC about 10 months ago and it has been ultra-realiable until about a week ago. I am not a complete numpty when it comes to PCs, but this one has me in a bind!

Symptoms:

• Apps occassionally freeze (any app really, usually associated with moderate load) and sometimes recover between 10 seconds and 120 seconds later
    • One or more of the attached USB drives (WD and Seagate) disconnect, then later reconnect (it never used to do this)
    • File Explorer freezes (restarting sometimes brings it back)
    • Ultimately the whole system locks up (no mouse movement)
    • Unexplained baulking by the system (not related to load)

Things I've tried so far:

• Checked for conflicts and updated drivers through Device Manager
    • I've run SFC /Scannow (some corrruption fixed)
    • I've run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (no problems reported)
    • Checked CPU temp and fan speed (seems fine/normal)
    • Restored to Restore Point a week ago (not sure if before or after the trouble started)
    • Run full virus and malware scan (then disabled antivirus)
    • Windows updates were last installed before the problems started (and to old rolled back)
    • I've used checked the primary SSD C: drive with Samsung Magician (no errors)
    • I've updated firmware on main SSD C: drive to latest (no change)
    • I've checked all attached drives (all drives pass SMART and Short Tests)
    • In Event Viewer, I've scanned through System Windows Logs, but I can't make head nor tail of it

The PC doesn't lock up if left idle overnight, so the issues are definitely load-related (but only moderate), but beyond the attempts I've tried above, I am at a loss where to look next.

I would be very grateful if you can point me to any diagnostic tools, or otherwise point me in the right direction.

I'd really like to avoid doing a full Windows reset / repair, if I can.

Thanks for at least reading to this point.

submitted by /u/juzzle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/juzzle, Jul 25, 2020

2. ryzen 7 2700x

Hello

will windows 10 upgrade work with Ryzen 7 2700x or do I need the full version.

thanks

FredRodriguez6, Jul 25, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    ryzen 7 2700x

Hi Fred

Yes, the Windows 10 Upgrade will work with the Ryzen 7 2700x, there should be no need for the full version, that is fully supported on Windows 10, if you have any difficulty after the upgrade, you can download the driver from this page:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-pr...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!

windows 10 has become slow and unstable

windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up.

ThomasHollman, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!

1. Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help! - Similar Threads - Ryzen 2700X has

2. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  3. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  4. Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X: Windows Version: 1909 CPU: AMD RYZEN 2700X (Not overclocked) RAM: 24GB CORSAIR DDR4 (2133 MHz) (Not overclocked) Hi everyone, For the past month, my computer has been getting random Blue Screens Of Death, but with no obvious culprit that I can find. The error codes I'm...
  5. My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..: My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset the modem several times turn on/off. Spectrum, my internet/cable company had some service issue syesterday which fixed the...
  6. Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly: Hello, I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard input / caps lock stops working. The entire system doesn't immediately stop working: Spotify will keep playing, videos on YouTube...
  7. ryzen 7 2700x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ryzen 7 2700x: Hello will windows 10 upgrade work with Ryzen 7 2700x or do I need the full version. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ryzen-7-2700x/6c2834b0-69c5-458b-9bf5-b5448287855b
  8. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  9. My Mail app has become unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Mail app has become unstable: Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down again. I can reopen the app and browse through received mail, but whenever I start to create an email, it shuts down. I am...
  10. System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System become very unstable, freezes, no BSOD?: From the beggining when I installed win10, 2 months ago, I didnt have any major problems with system. yesterday I experienced freeze, not even bluescreen but system just collapsed so I could only press reset button. Tried to reboot but it wont. I had 2x4GB kingston ram,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen 2700x system lockups