Windows 10: Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck!

Discus and support Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was having an issue loading a program on my computer so I wanted to try running my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. I enabled safe mode via msconfig... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexP_23, Aug 12, 2019.

1. AlexP_23 Win User

Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck!

I was having an issue loading a program on my computer so I wanted to try running my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. I enabled safe mode via msconfig and checked the "With Network" option. I then restarted my computer and it brought my to my login in safe mode. The login screen shows my name and the normal space for me to enter my password. The issue is I couldn't remember my password and since the computer is in safe mode I can't use my pin number. The computer shows that it isn't connected to the internet even though I have a wired Ethernet connection to the PC. When I click on the internet connection button next to the power button on the login screen it just shows an option for airplane mode. I didn't notice that my PC wasn't connected to the internet so I changed my password online on my laptop hoping that I could then log in on my PC but when I returned to my PC that's when I realized it wasn't showing a connection to my PC.

I really really need help with this because as of right now I'm totally locked out of my computer and I have really important work/school files on there. I need to get back on my PC as soon as possible, if anyone can help I'll be refreshing this page non stop.

:)

AlexP_23, Aug 12, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck!

Windows 10 is locked in safe mode and will not accept password

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, Warren.

Since you're stuck on the log in page, we recommend that you perform the suggested steps provided by

Yashwanth Kotakuri, dated on 28 of November 2015, on this
    thread. The steps provided will help you to log in again.

Once you're able to successfully log in, perform the steps that we provided in our first reply.

Kindly update us with the result.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck!

1. Windows 10 On Safe Mode Won't accept my Password, I'm stuck! - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Won't

2. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.: I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts. After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its...
  3. Safe Mode not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  4. Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password: I booted into safe mode from msconfig and Windows won't accept any of the user passwords. I found instructions that said to hold shift while restarting and then selecting safe mode with networking but it still won't accept any passwords. I can't get it to boot back into...
  5. Windows 10 laptop won't accept my password and is now stuck in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop won't accept my password and is now stuck in safe mode.: So this morning I started up my laptop normally, everything seemed fine until I tried typing in my password to my account. I typed it in several times and am 100% certain it was correct, but still it would tell me my password was incorrect. I looked online for a solution and...
  6. I'm stuck in safe mode with networking hell with admin. password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm stuck in safe mode with networking hell with admin. password not accepted: I went into safe mode to reset my antivirus, Bitfender. Once there, I can't get out of safe mode since this requires an administrative password which windows now doesn't recognize. For whatever stupid reason Windows devised, your administrative password does not work while in...
  7. safe mode won't accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Pc stuck in safe mode & will not accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc stuck in safe mode & will not accept password: My pc is stuck in safe mode, Windows 10 and I cannot get passed the log on screen. I know the password but it will not accept it. When I go to advanced options, I cannot do anything because it asks for the password & everytime I enter it correctly, microsoft tells me it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont accept password in safe mode

2. windows 10 safe mode wont accept password