Windows 10: Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

Discus and support Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey dear community, My problem is that whenever I shut off my tv and turn it on again, it overscales. Now I managed to fix the overscaling issue in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Forerun, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Forerun Win User

Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

Hey dear community,

My problem is that whenever I shut off my tv and turn it on again, it overscales.

Now I managed to fix the overscaling issue in the tv settings, but it seems to keep the overscale resolution.

In order to fix the screen resolution problem, I have to go into nvidia control panel and change the display resolution to another and then back to the normal one.​

However this resets everytime I shut off my tv.

I'd be very thankful for help.

:)

Forerun, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Issue Connecting to Samsung Smart TV

My Samsung TV (UA37D5000PR) bought in Dubai (2012) is wired to the Wi-Fi router and I can successfully play media from my laptop (Samsung All Share or via Smart View) but am unable to project my laptop screen from My Lenovo Flex14 (WIndows10)
    laptop. Pls suggest

My TV firmware is also upto date as per the prompt on TV

AaliaHasan, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue

1. Windows 10 on Samsung TV overscaling issue - Similar Threads - Samsung overscaling issue

2. Cast windows 11 to samsung tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast windows 11 to samsung tv: Hi I am trying to cast my windows 11 to my samsung smart TV. The PC and the TV are connected to the same wifi network. My PC is not detecting the Samsung TV as a, display in the cast settings. I also tried to use my samsung galaxy tab but still my pc fails to detect the same....
  3. Cast windows 11 to samsung tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast windows 11 to samsung tv: Hi I am trying to cast my windows 11 to my samsung smart TV. The PC and the TV are connected to the same wifi network. My PC is not detecting the Samsung TV as a, display in the cast settings. I also tried to use my samsung galaxy tab but still my pc fails to detect the same....
  4. Windows 10 laptop can't mirror to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 laptop can't mirror to Samsung TV: My W 10 Pro laptop can’t connect to a brand new Samsung TV on the same wifi network. Most times, Action Center Connect doesn’t see any Smart TV screens at all. Sometimes TV’s outside our network are found, but not our TV. Sometimes desktop is displayed, without icons as...
  5. Windows 10 Casting to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Casting to Samsung TV: [ATTACH] Hello, last days I am struggling with mirroring PC (Win 10) to Samsung TV 7 series. When I press WinKey + K I don't see TV in list of devices. Tried to add new device in settings - windows wont find TV eitherway.....
  6. windows 10 repeatedly disconnecting from samsung TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 repeatedly disconnecting from samsung TV: I purchased a surface pro 6 in 2019. I am running windows 10 ver. 1909. I have a Samsung smart TV Q7 series purchased in 2017. I can connect to the TV via "connect to a wireless display" . It would stay connected anywhere from 5 min to an hour or so before disconnecting...
  7. Desktop connection to Samsung TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop connection to Samsung TV: I am trying to connect my Samsung TV to my IBM Windows 10 desktop. I'm fairly confident I've gone through the TV's menu properly which essentially goes through their support process. After contacting Samsung Support Chat, I'm told that I need a Windows 10 driver to complete...
  8. How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix overscaling on my old TV screen?: Just plugged in HDMI and split my screen. The TV screen is overscaled and I can't find display settings in NVIDIA control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-overscaling-on-my-old-tv-screen/261a96e0-c9d4-4b3e-85bd-2568af00490d
  9. Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hdmi issue with Samsung TV as extended display: Once again after a Windows update i have a problem.when i put hdmi lead in laptop my laptop goes black and defaults to the tv and have no way to change it this problem only effects samsung tv have tried on another tv works fine looks like a rollback for me ,have updated...
  10. Samsung TV And Miracast Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung TV And Miracast Error: Hello Fellow Windows Users. I tryed to use "windows key"+"k" to use Screen mirroring and i get the next message on the TV: video data is not supported On windows it say connected and on the TV Its keeps Saying Loading i get crazy from it because the tv and laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 overscaling on tv

2. windows 10 tv overscaling

3. overscaling windows 10 on tv

4. windows 10 overscaling on tvs,
  5. windows 10 overscaling fix,
  6. windows 10 to tv screen overscaling,
  7. samsung tv overscaling