Windows 10: Windows 10 on second pc

Discus and support Windows 10 on second pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , i have a PC that originally had a hdd with windows 10 on it and came with my PC already installed, since then i have upgraded to ssd so i copyied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markfresh, Jul 16, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Windows 10 on second pc

Hi , i have a PC that originally had a hdd with windows 10 on it and came with my PC already installed, since then i have upgraded to ssd so i copyied windows to the ssd.
    I am now building a new amd rig (was intel), and keeping the intel pc for the mrs ,and i want to have windows on both.
    I think there is still windows on the old hdd.
    So what will happen when i boot the old hdd ? will it work or block windows etc, i have activated windows and i think its oem .
    Will i be able to run both Pc's like this or will i have to buy another windows cd?
    Thanks Mark

:)

markfresh, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 16, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 on second pc

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 on second pc

1. Windows 10 on second pc - Similar Threads - second

2. why can't I have a second face id for logging into my machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I have a second face id for logging into my machine?: this isn't NORAD, I don't need dumb annoying hurdles of security. if i want it "less" secure, you should give me that option. why, in the year of our Lord 2024, is Windows behaving like Apple when their strength has always been LETTING PEOPLE USE THER MACHINE HOW THEY WANT...
  3. why can't I have a second face id for logging into my machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't I have a second face id for logging into my machine?: this isn't NORAD, I don't need dumb annoying hurdles of security. if i want it "less" secure, you should give me that option. why, in the year of our Lord 2024, is Windows behaving like Apple when their strength has always been LETTING PEOPLE USE THER MACHINE HOW THEY WANT...
  4. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...
  5. I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...

I do not stop getting BSOD's no matter what I do I get one every single 5 seconds on boot,...: I can't do anything I've tried resetting it it won't even finish that process without bluescreening, I don't get it, it won't stop its completely unusable, got a $4000 paperweight...
  6. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  7. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?: How can I activate the second counter in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-second-counter-in-taskbar/1f5fe5fc-38b2-47d7-999b-7750df838da4
  8. How can I activate the second counter in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  10. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...