Windows 10: Windows 10 on SSD and HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 on SSD and HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Can some one explain me why Windows 10 on SSD is sluggish than a Windows 10 on HDD? Same software - from clean install, on same laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Erick_Planure, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 on SSD and HDD

Hello everyone. Can some one explain me why Windows 10 on SSD is sluggish than a Windows 10 on HDD? Same software - from clean install, on same laptop and still Windows 10 on SSD is slower than Windows 10 on its original HDD. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Erick_Planure
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Erick_Planure, Jan 10, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Jan 10, 2021
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Windows 10 on SSD and HDD

Does Windows 10 automatically recognise that a SSD has replaced a HDD?

I have recently replaced the HDD in my Windows 10 laptop with a SSD. As I understand it, Windows periodically runs a defragmentation in the background on a HDD. However, SSD drives do not require defragmenting and running such a tool can shorten the life
    of a SSD.

The SSD was a clone of the HDD and not a new installation. Will Windows 10 recognize that the laptop now has a SSD and stop its background defragmentation or do I need to take specific steps to prevent this activity occurring on the SSD? If I need to take
    action please advise on the steps I should take.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Grangeland, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 on SSD and HDD

1. Windows 10 on SSD and HDD - Similar Threads - SSD HDD

2. No media present after replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No media present after replacing HDD with SSD: Hello! By default, I had 1 HDD. Then I bought a M.2 SSD and put my OS there — my laptop has a slot for inserting the M.2 SSD. So now I have C: in the SSD, and D: in the HDD.After a while, my HDD started to slow down, so I decided to buy an SSD to replace it. I removed the...
  3. Will my activation key will be removed if I change my HDD to SSD? my activation key was...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will my activation key will be removed if I change my HDD to SSD? my activation key was...: Hello, I was thinking of changing my HDD drive local disk C into SSD and I was planning to remove it and I want to ask how can I install the windows after removing and inserting the new SSD drive. Will my activation key be removed if I replace the local disk C into new SSD...
  4. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  5. HWID banned on HDD will it work on SSD?

HWID banned on HDD will it work on SSD?: Hey guys, I got HWID banned on my hdd 2 years ago. Today i bought ssd. If the game will be on SSD not the hdd drive will i still get banned ? Thanks for answers !...
  6. System mistakenly showing SSD as HDD,

System mistakenly showing SSD as HDD,: tried winsat formal, winsat diskformal, winsat disk -drive X but doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mistakenly-showing-ssd-as-hdd/fc9f891e-c207-4d64-a461-fd80f24746b8
  7. How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD: PC: Dell OptiPlex 5050 Windows Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631) Hello, I purchased a used PC. It only came with a 500 GB HDD , so I installed and initialized a 500 GB Samsung SSD. For security reasons, I would now like to do a complete wipe of the PC and reinstall Windows...
  8. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  9. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  10. HDD replacement with SSD

HDD replacement with SSD: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language. I want to replace my current HDD with a SSD. I do not have any license/activation key for the operating system. How do I proceed?...