Windows 10: Windows 10 on ssd not showing other previously connected drives

Discus and support Windows 10 on ssd not showing other previously connected drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 hdd's and 1 ssd (120gb ocz trion 100). Windows 10 is installed on one hdd, and one ssd. When booting from hdd, all drives are present in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheWiggleMonste, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 on ssd not showing other previously connected drives

I have 2 hdd's and 1 ssd (120gb ocz trion 100). Windows 10 is installed on one hdd, and one ssd. When booting from hdd, all drives are present in windows disk management. When booting from ssd, both hdd's are missing in windows disk management, the one with windows 10, and the one without windows 10. I am planning to use the ssd as a boot drive, and the hdd's as storage drives, but cannot get past the aforementioned problem.

:)

TheWiggleMonste, Aug 26, 2015

2. Failed HDD's

Just finished a re-install of Windows 10 via USB thumb drive to my PC, Install went fine.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed on Samsung EVO SSD, have 3 addition mechanical HDD's which were all previously working running the same OS, 1 is working fine the other 2 are not showing up in this pc, in computer management/disk management 1 is showing as
    Dynamic/spanned volume failed and the other is Dynamic/Foreign, there is also a third entry which is unknown what drive this is.

Please anyone able to help

DarrenMc71, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Why Under Windows 8.1 now Windows 10 as well Drive D drops off

Thanks Arul, appreciate your quick response.

Now the SSD shows up in Computer management Storage; previously it did not. No drive letter designation though

The SSD is healthy

In the SSD it identifies the SSD as "GPT (protected partition)"

I go to Actions, there are "no selection available" to add/change drive letter designation etc,-. Only field for selection is "Dynamic Drive"

WhoopsOhMy, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 on ssd not showing other previously connected drives

1. Windows 10 on ssd not showing other previously connected drives - Similar Threads - ssd showing previously

2. Windows 10 Installation Media - SSD drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Media - SSD drive not showing up: Hello all, I am running into a weird issue trying to install windows on a secondary SATA SSD to be transferred to another PC. When I boot into the installation media, only my computers primary M.2 disk is displayed. When opening the command prompt via Shift+F10 from this...
  3. Windows 10 Installation Media - SSD drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Media - SSD drive not showing up: Hello all, I am running into a weird issue trying to install windows on a secondary SATA SSD to be transferred to another PC. When I boot into the installation media, only my computers primary M.2 disk is displayed. When opening the command prompt via Shift+F10 from this...
  4. New Install of Win 10 on new SSD, no internet, others drives are connecting on same machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Install of Win 10 on new SSD, no internet, others drives are connecting on same machine.: I have just loaded a new SSD with Win 10, and cannot connect to the internet.There are 2 other drives both SSD on the same machine, both Windows drives that connect fine.The adapter shows no issues, in device manager. D Link gigabit I removed the adapter, installed the...
  5. New Install of Win 10 on new SSD, no internet, others drives are connecting on same machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Install of Win 10 on new SSD, no internet, others drives are connecting on same machine.: I have just loaded a new SSD with Win 10, and cannot connect to the internet.There are 2 other drives both SSD on the same machine, both Windows drives that connect fine.The adapter shows no issues, in device manager. D Link gigabit I removed the adapter, installed the...
  6. New Install of Win 10 on new SSD, no internet, others drives are connecting on same machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!: Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply asap. What are the possible causes for the same, kindly give some suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 not booting after SSD upgrade (other drive)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not booting after SSD upgrade (other drive): My PC had a 128GB SSD which contained a linux installation. I also had a 1TB HDD installed that contains my Windows 10 LTSC installation. I ran out of space on my linux SSD so I bought a 1TB SSD to replace this. My problem is that when I remove my linux SSD and replace it...
  9. Windows doesn't boot up from clone SSD after connecting previous SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't boot up from clone SSD after connecting previous SSD: Hello, I cloned my 850 EVO ssd to a Sabrent 1TB nvme ssd. I disconnected the 850 from the PC and had no problems booting to the Sabrent. All was well for several months. Then, wanting to use the 850 in a laptop, I connected the 850 back to the PC to format it. The result is...
  10. Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh windows 10 install into a Samsung ssd with previous drive unrecoverable: i bought a sony vaio laptop in 2012 vpceh38fn with windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a 4 gb ram n 500 gb hdd,i replaced 500 gb hdd with samsung ssd 250 gb in 2014 and reinstalled windows 7 in it with ease and later i upgraded to windows 10 within three months i believe,but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 show previously connected disks