Windows 10: Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery

Discus and support Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.746 on my Surface Book 2, and lately I have more and more problems with the battery life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dani_989, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Dani_989 Win User

Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery

Hello! I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.746 on my Surface Book 2, and lately I have more and more problems with the battery life of my device. Unfortunately, this issue is NOT due to hardware deterioration, but rather due to some unknown issue with the software. I have started tracking the energy consumption by generating SleepStudy reports, and what I have found as a recurring problem is an "Unknown [NONE]" app ID that consumes ever so more battery charge. This battery consumption is reduced if I put my Surface Book to sleep while turning off WiFi, but today after waking the PC after only 3,5 hours I have found more than 40% of battery charge gone and the battery was almost 100% full beforehand. The same app ID appears also during my normal usage, and it is then also among the first 2 or 3 apps that consume my battery.

Yes, I have already run the full virus scan of my system, and there was nothing there. I did the SFC and DISM scans too, and there were no issues found. Do you have any kind of solution for this?

In the attachment you can see what I am talking about. Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery d08bd72d-7990-4598-ae0f-d1409cd769f9?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery 37e2ed7d-94cc-44ec-8f91-8d2cedc7ce8a?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery f0cc8029-f1c8-4a65-8437-ec05d24e9da9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dani_989, Feb 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 Draining My LapTop Battery

Hi Tim,

I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Battery drain with windows 10 on surface pro 2

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 3, 2021
  3. SurfaceBook CPU clock not going down (battery getting drained)

After the Rollback i now reinstalled the Anniversy Update.

After the install of the Anniversy Update everything worked. i used the SurfaceBook a whole day, no Problems, battery kept strong.

I then used the Notebook for like 10 hours easily and plugged it in the evening. It was loading while i was using it, then i shut it down and unplugged the charger.

Today i booted Windows 10 everything worked fine except my camera front camera in skype. Whatever i tried, the camera didnt work (Windows Hello worked and let me log in using the camera).

After i failed to solve this Problem i rebooted the SurfaceBook, now the camera works again in Skype but also the CPU clock Problem now is persistant again.

CPU Clock is at 2,78 GHz and dont goes down, battery is draining fast.

This is an fresh SurfaceBook without any additional Software installed, it is a clean an fresh Windows 10 Image and i can reproduce this bug even after an complete reset of the SurfaceBook.

It is reproducable, it happens identically to my friend also, please fix this bug.

間瀬流白川, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery

SurfaceBook CPU clock not going down (battery getting drained)

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue. Do not worry we will help you further.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps in the Microsoft help article and check if it helps you to resolve the issues with battery drain on your device.

Surface battery and power

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of battery and CPU usage for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery

1. Windows 10 on SurfaceBook 2 draining battery - Similar Threads - SurfaceBook draining battery

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery is Draining

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  4. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  5. Battery draining

Battery draining: For the last month or so I have had issues with my battery draining. I've reinstalled windows, played with settings, and nothing seems to work. I was reading around the net and determined it may be because of a Windows 10 update. I'm not sure which one would have caused it,...
  6. SURFACEBOOK 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SURFACEBOOK 2: Hi, my surfacebook keeps hanging when i open any file or folder from file explorer. However, if I search the same file from the winsearch and open it it works fine. Anyone relates?...
  7. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  8. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  9. Battery drain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery drain: Hello. I shut my laptop down with the button start/close (the real one, not the one into the Windows logo at the bottom left) and still drain 13% during night. Is there a real way to actually stop Surface to use battery ? When I spend 2-3 days without using it while...
  10. SurfaceBook 2 Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfaceBook 2 Issue: Hello Microsoft I have a SurfaceBook 2 which was bought a year and a half ago. Presently, the issue is that when it is plugged into the keyboard, the tablet battery or Battery 1 is not detected and remains at 0% while battery 2 is in use. This prevented me from detaching...