Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS E420M laptop which came with a 32GB eMMC drive. It worked fine with Windows 7 & and even updated to Windows 10 running perfectly until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinGibbs1959, Nov 14, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD

I have an ASUS E420M laptop which came with a 32GB eMMC drive. It worked fine with Windows 7 & and even updated to Windows 10 running perfectly until 1903 came along. The update is too big for the eMMC so I stuck a larger SSD drive in and have been trying to load Windows 10 on to it as a clean install from a USB created on another PC.

This was over a week ago and I've lost count of the times that I have had to hard reset the thing due to freezes. I did actually get the thing fully working but the mouse and keyboard would freeze randomly anytime between a minute and 5 minutes after running. I have now tried to reinstall doing all the necessary steps to prepare the drive again and now it freezes on installation, often at the point where Cortana steps in.

I've tried just about everything that I've been able to locate using Google searches but nothing works. My only thought is that the legacy eMMC is causing the problem and I can't remove it because it is soldered to the MB.

I'm close to chucking the thing away and buying a Mac; surely installing an OS shouldn't be this difficult.

Any last minute suggestions before it goes to the recycling centre?

:)

KevinGibbs1959, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD

Delta6326, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD

1. WINDOWS 10 ON TO SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. Can't shrink HD partition enough to copy to a smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't shrink HD partition enough to copy to a smaller SSD: HP Core i3 desktop, Windows 10 1809 (PC originally came from HP with Win7) It's my Dad's desktop PC and I'm upgrading it to a 240gb SSD. Current drive is a 5400rpm 1tb HD. He has less than 50gb of space used (after cleanup) on the existing C: partition, so there's just no...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on a brand new laptop with SSD and HDD storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a brand new laptop with SSD and HDD storage: I bought a new laptop that has an HDD and an SSD, the laptop has no Windows pre installed (it's free DOS) and I want to install Windows 10 on it. My question is, how to install the windows on the SSD and not the HDD? I mean, on the screen that shows "where do you want to...
  4. I installed a 1909 cumulative update onto my SSD, and now my 1TB HDD appears like this....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed a 1909 cumulative update onto my SSD, and now my 1TB HDD appears like this....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Willgames2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9l2rm/i_installed_a_1909_cumulative_update_onto_my_ssd/
  5. "Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD

"Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD: I recently helped a friend upgrade his older HP laptop (i5-4th Gen CPU) by replacing the hard drive with a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Upgrade went fine, programs work fine, etc. The OS is the latest Windows 10 version 1909 (Home). But every day or so, the computer either boots...
  6. Migrating from Hdd to ssd

Migrating from Hdd to ssd: Migrating from Hdd to ssd Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ????i need secure and easy software...
  7. Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option

Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option: Currently I have Windows 10 (up to date) and Windows 7 (up to date) both x64 Pro on a booting SSD. When I boot the PC, it shows me which one I would like to boot with. Once installed that way using Windows 10, so the boot option is a Windows 10 style menu, not the...
  8. Move windows 10 to another ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move windows 10 to another ssd.: Hello, so I have two ssd on my computer and I want to move windows 10 to a bigger partition on the other SSD, so I can make space for my ubuntu, but I don't want other partitions with my data(pictures, videos, and documents) to get deleted and/or damaged. and other partitions...
  9. Migrating from HDd to ssd

Migrating from HDd to ssd: Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-from-hdd-to-ssd/c2565ea0-ce8a-44b6-a828-e7cdbffa73f6
  10. with ssd, can i get all startups to go w/o delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    with ssd, can i get all startups to go w/o delay: My 10-pro system has a fast ssd. However, on startup, I need to start a few programs. Until these programs are started, I still can't do much with the system. It takes less than 30 seconds to get to the desktop, but then it can take another minute to get all my programs...