Windows 10: Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

Discus and support Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have a m.2 ssd in my laptop but have room for an additional 2.5 inch ssd and another m.2 - I plan to fill every slot. My only 2.5 inch ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andreww40, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

I currently have a m.2 ssd in my laptop but have room for an additional 2.5 inch ssd and another m.2 - I plan to fill every slot. My only 2.5 inch ssd already has windows and additional data on it, my question is: do I need to wipe my 2.5 inch ssd for it to work or will it work in my new system without having to do anything with it?

submitted by /u/andreww40
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andreww40, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 15, 2020
  4. HammerON Win User

Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

Windows 8 Clubhouse

@Drone I would suggest starting a separate thread to discuss Windows 10.

HammerON, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system

1. Windows 10 on two separate SSDs in the same system - Similar Threads - separate SSDs same

2. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?: I was wondering if I could use the same external drive to back up two separate user profiles from the same computer. It is already used to backup one account, but it does not show to be setup as a backup drive for the other account. Can I just add it without messing anything...
  3. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?: I was wondering if I could use the same external drive to back up two separate user profiles from the same computer. It is already used to backup one account, but it does not show to be setup as a backup drive for the other account. Can I just add it without messing anything...
  4. Backup two separate windows user accounts on the same computer with the same external HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. combining 2 SSDs from separate disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    combining 2 SSDs from separate disks: Hi,Is it possible to combine 2 SSDs from separated disks into one? I bought my acer nitro 5 and had it upgraded the SSD but when it came they were in 2 separate disks. My SSD 1 disk 1 kept filing up with files while the SSD is not being used at all. I would like to combine...
  6. combining 2 SSDs from separate disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    combining 2 SSDs from separate disks: Hi,Is it possible to combine 2 SSDs from separated disks into one? I bought my acer nitro 5 and had it upgraded the SSD but when it came they were in 2 separate disks. My SSD 1 disk 1 kept filing up with files while the SSD is not being used at all. I would like to combine...
  7. Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...

Two Windows 10 installations on separate drives on the same machine, both installations...: Will I have any problem with this? I want to install Windows 10 on 2 separate SSD's, but it's extremely important for both installations to have C: as their drive letter. I also want to not be able to access the other drive, when booting from one....
  8. Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running

Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running: Hello there, My PC runs 3 SSDs, 1 M.2 NVMe Samsung with Windows installed on it Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, and 2 SATA SSDs for Storage. Now the Issue, i was using my PC, left it on the Desktop and running, came back after 30 minutes and tried to open a Programme that...
  9. Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I have Windows 10 installed on two separate drives in the same system?: Hi, I have a PC with 2 drives. Drive 1 has Windows 10 installed. Drive 2 is a storage drive, but I would also like to install another copy of Windows 10 on it. I unplugged Drive 1, installed Windows 10 on Drive 2, and everything was fine. Then, when I plugged Drive 1 back...
  10. How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account: I don’t know how it happened but my son’s email account is now linked to my Microsoft account. In other words, we have two email accounts linked to the same Microsoft accounts. I want to separate our accounts. I tried to create another account for him but it is impossible...