Windows 10: Windows 10 on USB

Discus and support Windows 10 on USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I repair Windows 10 on a USB that I might have fouled up by removing when it was running, it was in a laptop but I also have a desktop I can use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldS., Sep 8, 2018.

1. DonaldS. Win User

Windows 10 on USB

Can I repair Windows 10 on a USB that I might have fouled up by removing when it was running, it was in a laptop but I also have a desktop I can use? Thank you, Don.

:)

DonaldS., Sep 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Windows 10 on USB

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on USB

1. Windows 10 on USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. USBs encrypted with BitLocker To Go causes Windows 10 machines to hang

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USBs encrypted with BitLocker To Go causes Windows 10 machines to hang: Hi Months ago we configured BitLocker To Go (BTG) group policies which worked flawlessly for 1000+ users until around 13-Dec when Windows Defender was updated from version 4.14.17639.18041-0 to 4.18.1812.3-0. Since then when a BTG USB drive is inserted it causes Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.: I have a Dell laptop that I was trying to put Windows 10 on. I did the upgrade fine but then after restart when it was finishing the laptop shut off. Now when I load it up it says "Windows was interrupted and can't start, please restart to continue installation". I can't do...
  4. usb thumb drive not working surface pro 3 win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb thumb drive not working surface pro 3 win10: why do some usb thumb drives work and others dont im assuming it has something to do with if its usb 2.0 or 3.0 but im curios is there a patch or drivers i can download?...
  5. USBs encrypted with BitLocker To Go causes Windows 10 machines to hang following Windows...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USBs encrypted with BitLocker To Go causes Windows 10 machines to hang following Windows...: Hi Months ago we configured BitLocker To Go (BTG) group policies which worked flawlessly until around 13-Dec when Windows Defender was updated from version 4.14.17639.18041-0 to 4.18.1812.3-0. Since then when a BTG USB drive is inserted it causes Windows 10 v1803 (OS Build...
  6. Road Angel PURE wont connect via USB to DELL Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Road Angel PURE wont connect via USB to DELL Windows 10 laptop: I have a Road Angel PURE (speed camera detector for a car), and my Windows 10 laptop doesn't like it when I plug it in (any usb port). It doesn't communicate, and instead of displaying the normal working screen goes to a blank screen with just "Road Angel" written across it...
  7. Tenda USB wireless adapter ''Wi-Fi'' isn't working after upgrading to Windows 10. Any...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tenda USB wireless adapter ''Wi-Fi'' isn't working after upgrading to Windows 10. Any...: i already followed all method but problem is not solve "Method 1: I suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps. 1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu. 2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and Click on Troubleshooting. 3. Click...
  8. What has happened to my USB slots

What has happened to my USB slots: I have some USB slots at the rear of my desktop PC and some at the front. I keep a 128GB USB chip permanently in one of the rear slots and use another rear slot to connect an external drive (for backup). I have used an adapter to connect an SD card to one of the front...
  9. USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10

USB port not working on my 2&1 laptop with Windows 10: I'm trying to use a usb flash drive for the first time on my new 2&1 RCA laptop with Windows 10 and my laptop doesn't recognize it at all and Cortana is not helping me. It just refers me to a third party website for help and they don't. Please help me with this problem....
  10. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...