Windows 10: Windows 10 on USB

Discus and support Windows 10 on USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I repair Windows 10 on a USB that I might have fouled up by removing when it was running, it was in a laptop but I also have a desktop I can use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldS., Sep 8, 2018.

1. DonaldS. Win User

Windows 10 on USB

Can I repair Windows 10 on a USB that I might have fouled up by removing when it was running, it was in a laptop but I also have a desktop I can use? Thank you, Don.

:)

DonaldS., Sep 8, 2018
  2. TRUELOVE95 Win User

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Windows 10 on USB

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on USB

1. Windows 10 on USB - Similar Threads - USB

2. Mediatek Chipset based Wireless USB Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mediatek Chipset based Wireless USB Drivers: Hello! I have been having an issue with my ASUS USB-AC55. The drivers based on Mediatek chipset are not working properly in Windows 10 Home x64 since update to 1709. Also tried with clean install of Windows 1803, and still the issue persists. The widows wireless Taskbar...
  3. Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects

Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects: My BIPRA external USB Hard Drive has stopped connecting. I use it to provide ample extra storage for my 2-in-1 tablet PC, mainly for backup purposes, which it did very well until recently. Now it either does not connect at all, or if it does it is not good enough to enable...
  4. USB pendrive used by other process ?

USB pendrive used by other process ?: Quite a while now, when I try to make a bootable USB drive by using 3rd party programs like Rufus I get this: [img] and [img] Can't find who or what is holding rights to it. I can do anything else to it, format it, delete files, write files, modify but to make it...
  5. Win 10 usb not loading files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 usb not loading files: Hey yall need advice here i have a gigabyte ga-990xa-ud3 mobo that wont load win 10 i bought the official microsoft usb with win 10 from best buy i set the computer to boot from usb it asks 64 or 32 bit i chose 64 bit its an 8 core amd processor then the famous load files...
  6. 260 ci WIA driver [usb]

260 ci WIA driver [usb]: THE DRIVER HAS A PROBLEM, HOW TO SOLVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/260-ci-wia-driver-usb/192f163d-40c7-4f1a-b63a-391d6f5605d2
  7. Installing windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows from USB: Hey, I am trying to install windows 10 from usb stick to ASUS E402A laptop (that is using emmc memory). I have 3 different usb sticks, one is official windows, one is kingston datatraveller ,and one is some random usb 2.x stick. Windows iso file i generated from windows...
  8. How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive

How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive: I should know this. I have a feeling I should use Diskpart but would appreciate some guidance and steps to take. Disk management does not show the 494 KB partition. I guess I want to delete the 494 KB and merge it with the "rest" of the USB stick. When I attempted to format I...
  9. How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive: I should know this. I have a feeling I should use Diskpart but would appreciate some guidance and steps to take. Disk management does not show the 494 KB partition. I guess I want to delete the 494 KB and merge it with the "rest" of the USB stick. When I attempted to format I...
  10. windows 10 update USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA70&MI_00\8&362deb4f&1&0000

windows 10 update USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA70&MI_00\8&362deb4f&1&0000: hi my windows 10 recently upgraded itself now my amateur radio will not connect using the drivers recommended by windows and yaesu i get three fauls two in the usb ports using cp210x drivers USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA70&MI_00\8&362deb4f&1&0000 requires further installation....