Windows 10: Windows 10 on WIFI home network

Discus and support Windows 10 on WIFI home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; setting up computer file access between multiple computers on home WIFI network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KJB70, Jun 25, 2019.

1. KJB70 Win User

Windows 10 on WIFI home network

setting up computer file access between multiple computers on home WIFI network.

:)

KJB70, Jun 25, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 on WIFI home network

wifi network recconnects automatically to another wifi network.............

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uncheck the option to automatically connect to the network (networkprofile~), try to remove the connection by choosing forget connection and check if it helps.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Wi-Fi network for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 on WIFI home network

1. Windows 10 on WIFI home network - Similar Threads - WIFI home network

2. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  3. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Wifi / Network issue: I am finally at my wits end with my network issue. I am forever getting secured, no internet by my home wifi and a constant invalid ip configuration when running troubleshooter. I am tried every method under the sun to fix this but no prevail. My Pc will happily connect to my...
  4. Home Wifi / Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  6. Home wifi network not detected

Home wifi network not detected: I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad. - My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine....
  7. Network & Internet WIFI in Windows 10 Home edition...

Network & Internet WIFI in Windows 10 Home edition...: I am using Win 10 HOME edition and I can't find any WIFI link in "Network & Internet settings". I also do not have a WIFI "Icon" in the task manager.*Sad Am I missing something? Does the HOME edition have WIFI capability? If so, I can't find it. I tried searching for WIFI in...
  8. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!: Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the...
  9. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  10. Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server

Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server: I have recently purchased an HP laptop which only has wifi connectivity. It has windows 10 home preinstalled I have a windows home server (V1) via ethernet to my router. I cannot turn on file sharing on the windows 10 home unit. I cannot see the windows home server in...