Windows 10: Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off

Discus and support Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I have a dual-monitor setup and one of my monitors won't wake after sleep or after the screen turns off. I recently upgrading to Windows 10. All my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by thebriando, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off

Hi. I have a dual-monitor setup and one of my monitors won't wake after sleep or after the screen turns off. I recently upgrading to Windows 10. All my drivers are updated. The monitor works completely fine before the screen turns off. The screen is black at the lock screen and after logging but I can still move windows and programs onto that monitor. The problem is fixed after restarting but I don't want to restart my computer everytime my computer goes to sleep or when the screen turns off.

:)

thebriando, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Curls27 Win User

Sleep mode - Windows 10

I upgraded to MS 10. But, when I put it in sleep mode, after a while, it turns my monitor back on? Then, after a while, it turns the monitor off. Then it does the same process again, over and over. I wake up finding my PC monitor on or off?

I'm using a monitor and desktop.

This never happened with Windows 8.1. When I would put it in sleep mode, the only time it would open the monitor was:

A) if I accidentally moved my mouse

B) if I purposely tried to wake it up from sleep mode.

Any idea how to fix this?

Curls27, Aug 7, 2015
  3. microsoft usb receiver all in one media keyboard preventing monitor sleep

hello I bought this keyboard months ago for using with my projector, since then my screens are a nightmare to turn off while idling, I like to have some music on background with monitors off so they dont disturb my dark room, but they just keep turning on
    for no reason, I disconnected USB devices one by one and figured out its this nano usb receiver from my all in one media keyboard thats doing this, as long as I keep it unplugged, my monitors will stay off until I touch the keyboard or mouse, but if this little
    thing is connected, nope, they will keep waking up right after turning off, after a while they will no longer turn on for about an hour or something, but it just keeps happening and its annoying as ****, unchecking the "let this device wake up pc" from device
    manager does nothing, as my pc is not sleeping, but curiously it wont wake up my pc from sleep "accidentally" and having the keyboard turned on or off makes no difference, its specifically the nano usb receiver doing this, and only to wake up idling monitors,
    not wake pc up from sleep

how do I solve this? is this a hardware issue?

microsoft usb receiver all in one media keyboard preventing monitor sleep

ΣИШΔΠЦΞĿ 硕士黑客, Aug 7, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off

Can you please complete your system specs?

UKMedia, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Got my system specs all up to date, just updated to Windows 10 a few weeks back, have the same problem. PC goes to sleep and one of my monitors stops working. At first I thought the monitor had bust, then I discovered it was fine after a reset.

As with everyone else, I'm not into the thought of restarting the computer every time it goes to sleep.

Please help.

SophieParris, Aug 23, 2015
  6. UKMedia Win User
    I expect this a driver related issue, have you installed the latest driver for your graphics card after the Win10 upgrade?

UKMedia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off

1. Windows 10 One Monitor Not Waking After Sleep or Screen Off - Similar Threads - Monitor Waking Sleep

2. Desktop on wake from sleep one monitor is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop on wake from sleep one monitor is off: Win11 Pro 10.0.2200 Build 2200 DesktopBeen running with dual monitors extended desktop for some timeUpgraded monitors same brand but 27"Occasionally when waking from sleep one monitor secondary is powered off, have to press the monitor pwr Btn to bring it on-lineA Dell...
  3. Desktop on wake from sleep one monitor is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop on wake from sleep one monitor is off: Win11 Pro 10.0.2200 Build 2200 DesktopBeen running with dual monitors extended desktop for some timeUpgraded monitors same brand but 27"Occasionally when waking from sleep one monitor secondary is powered off, have to press the monitor pwr Btn to bring it on-lineA Dell...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. One monitor will not wake from sleep. Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One monitor will not wake from sleep. Windows 10 Pro: I have just completly reinstalled Windows 10 Pro as a new paid for installation, not the upgrade from Windows 7 I used previously. I have a 3 monitor setup on an AMD Firepro W5100. One AOC 2560 * 1440, a Benq at 2560 * 1440 and a Dell at 1920 * 1200. The AOC refuses to...
  8. Night light off after screen wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light off after screen wakes from sleep: I have the issue that night light is always off when my screen comes back from a blank screen saver or the PC wakes from sleep. This has been mentioned several times but the recommended solutions do no address this issue but the issue that night light is not working at all....
  9. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  10. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple monitors windows 10 one sleep one on

2. windows 10 monitors multiple monitors not waking up

3. screen not waking after deep sleep windows 10

4. windows 10 not waking monitor,
  5. dual monitor not waking up windows 10,
  6. windows 10 not waking after sleep monitor