Windows 10: Windows 10 - one week on

Discus and support Windows 10 - one week on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Have had Windows since 29th July, so going on for a week now. For some reason it now wakes from sleep in an instant (2 or 3 seconds) instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steve1711, Aug 7, 2015.

1. steve1711 Win User

Windows 10 - one week on

Hi

Have had Windows since 29th July, so going on for a week now. For some reason it now wakes from sleep in an instant (2 or 3 seconds) instead of 90 seconds. It is only in the last couple of days that I have got this welcome speed up from sleep. I haven't adjusted anything, so it must be something it does as I use it more.

:)

steve1711, Aug 7, 2015

2. windows 10 crashed after one week

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to assist you further from here.

I would suggest you to download the ISO file for Windows 10 from the referred link and perform a repair using the same Installation Media and see if the issue can be resolved.

Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: Follow the below link to create an ISO image for Windows 10.

Link: Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform the repair using the bootable media as suggested in the below link.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Please refer to the section: To get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment

(Note: above link also applies to Windows 10)

Kindly keep we posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 7, 2015
  3. windows 10 crashed after one week

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT SHOULD WORK NEXT TIME. BECAUSE IT LOST EVERY THING I HAD TO LAOD WIN 7 BACK ON IT. NOW WAITING FOR THE FREE UPGRADE AGAIN. THANKS AGAIN.

DragonSlayer309, Aug 7, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 - one week on

Once it does all the maintenance chores all gets settled down and so speed up most things. Prefetch/ superfetch fills up, disks get defragmented, icon and picture caches are written and memory optimizes, Defender checks everything and doesn't do it all over again. Now if some damn update doesn't screw something up (knock on wood) !!!
    If you use it and let it stay on first couple of days, things should slide in their place quicker.

CountMike, Aug 7, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just my 2c overall on a week with WIn10 ..

1. It's been rock stable and just fast.
    2. Runs everything that I need it to and with zero issues.
    3. The new(revised) start menu looks great.

Overall I would give this OS a 8.5 out of 10.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Maybe because it really is Widows 8.5 ?

CountMike, Aug 7, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    *Wink LOL It's great.. perfect no but it's close for me at least.

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  8. hiphopper Win User

Windows 10 - one week on

There is no reason it should take 90 seconds to wake up unless there was a bad driver or something. Even wake from hibernate rarely takes more than 10 seconds.

I'm guessing some driver got updated and that made your wake times more reasonable.

hiphopper, Aug 8, 2015
  9. tamo Win User
    My W10 pro is flying too . Fastest this laptop has ever been , good to see some success stories ( still need a couple of drivers from sony though ) . I note also its quicker on a local account as opposed to a MS account .

tamo, Aug 8, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    I did upgrade from 7 and Windows directory was 3,8 GB. I then did a clean install and it was 19.2 GB (no compression).

An in-place upgrade took it back to 5.8 GB (with office).

With only a 60GB SSD I care about these things.... Upgrade seems more worked out than clean install.

Thema:

Windows 10 - one week on

1. Windows 10 - one week on - Similar Threads - week

2. recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request: recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recieving-single-use-code-requests-for-weeks-i-did/04cec86d-3c05-40b0-89bc-f13d097cb060
  3. recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request: recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recieving-single-use-code-requests-for-weeks-i-did/04cec86d-3c05-40b0-89bc-f13d097cb060
  4. recieving single-use code requests for weeks i did not request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP: For the last week and half, I'll be playing games like Rocket League and League of Legends and randomly about once per game, the game will tab out on its own. I've tried contacting support directly to the games, but none of their fixes worked. I saw that someone else had this...
  6. Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP

Games tabbing out randomly while in full screen mode for about the last week or so, PLEASE HELP: For the last week and half, I'll be playing games like Rocket League and League of Legends and randomly about once per game, the game will tab out on its own. I've tried contacting support directly to the games, but none of their fixes worked. I saw that someone else had this...
  7. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  8. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  9. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  10. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...