Windows 10: Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue

Discus and support Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I am aware by going through so many forums about this last month that this issue was huge for hundreds of people just like myself. We got on our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by avondy, Jan 31, 2021.

1. avondy Win User

Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue

So I am aware by going through so many forums about this last month that this issue was huge for hundreds of people just like myself. We got on our computers and clicked on pictures or files and all the content was just gone due to some incredibly stupid update for windows 10 that microsoft thought would be helpful. In case you guys already could not tell by the response and issues you created...it was not the best idea.

Luckily for me I still am in possession and my old phones work enough that they are able to reconnect with my computer so my photos were not gone "forever".

I would like to know what to do to make sure that will never happen again. I see there is now an option when I right click on a photo that says "always keep on this device" but that has to do with the one drive **** and I am not concerned with that and im not wasting my time with "backup buy my plans yearly" scams for something I myself personally do not need. I would like to know that when I import my photos onto my computer and they are in my picture file that you will not be pulling an incredible stupid error again in an update to which all of my content vanished.

So I guess my question is how do I get around them automatically becoming inducted into the one drive and instead just saving to my original computers harddrive.

:)

avondy, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. Windows 10/onedrive deleting all my pictures issue - Similar Threads - onedrive deleting pictures

2. OneDrive deleted all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive deleted all my files.: So.. i am about to reinstall windows, and i wanted to backup some files from my PC to the cloud, so i figured i'd give Onedrive a go. They use it at work, it works well it seems, should be fine i think. I download it, setup a microsoft account for the first time ever and then...
  3. OneDrive duplicating all my picture files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive duplicating all my picture files: Now, in April 2023, after a Windows 11 Update, I have more than 2,000 photos duplicated on my laptop. Apparently, this OneDrive duplication is a BUG going back more than 5 years!Fix it already!...
  4. OneDrive duplicating all my picture files

OneDrive duplicating all my picture files: Now, in April 2023, after a Windows 11 Update, I have more than 2,000 photos duplicated on my laptop. Apparently, this OneDrive duplication is a BUG going back more than 5 years!Fix it already!...
  5. OneDrive duplicating all my picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder: Basically what the title says... OneDrive was taking up over 5GB of storage and I didn't know why. I checked what was in the folder, the Pictures folder was definitely not in it, and decided to delete it from my laptop.Moments later, my laptop started doing funky things like...
  7. Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder

Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder: Basically what the title says... OneDrive was taking up over 5GB of storage and I didn't know why. I checked what was in the folder, the Pictures folder was definitely not in it, and decided to delete it from my laptop.Moments later, my laptop started doing funky things like...
  8. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures: I was wondering if there is anyway aside from a recovery program e.g., Recuva, Windows File Recovery to recovery my files?Here is what happened...I installed OneDrive business on my personal computer. OneDrive now automatically backs up your Documents and Pictures --...
  9. Windows 10 Update deleted all my pictures and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update deleted all my pictures and files: Windows automatically updated my computer and all my files are gone. I did not realize this until well after so I cannot just revert back to my previous as it is too late. I've tried looking for the .old file and there is nothing in it. I had pictures from 4 years+ on my...
  10. Onedrive deleted all my files

Onedrive deleted all my files: Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help? 13073