Windows 10: Windows 10 - Onedrive Help for additional New Device

Discus and support Windows 10 - Onedrive Help for additional New Device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, So i have an existing Desktop PC where my documents, pictures, Music and a few other folders are on my D:\Drive under a folder called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jvenables, Jan 27, 2020.

1. jvenables Win User

Windows 10 - Onedrive Help for additional New Device

Hi All,

So i have an existing Desktop PC where my documents, pictures, Music and a few other folders are on my D:\Drive under a folder called Onedrive, which effectively syncs with the cloud and has been working a treat for amany months.

I have recently bought a Surface Pro 7 and added a 256GB Micro SD card that I want to make my D:\Drive on the Surface. I used move location of my documents, downloads, pictures and videos to microsd card.

Now I want to get onedrive to sync any work i do from the microsd card to the cloud. But I am not entirely sure how to do that right now.

Onedrive seems to have decided its in the c:\Users\***** folder, but i want to have it point to the folder on the microsd card

What is the best way of making this happen please? if its even possible at all

Thanks in Advance

John

:)

jvenables, Jan 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Onedrive Help for additional New Device - Similar Threads - Onedrive Help additional

2. Adding additional devices to family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  3. Help with adding additional email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help with adding additional email: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 22H2...The company name I chose was available, so I registered ii and was assigned an email address in the following format...*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...I had an employee, but don't know how to add him to the account and...
  4. Help with adding additional email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with adding additional email: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 22H2...The company name I chose was available, so I registered ii and was assigned an email address in the following format...*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...I had an employee, but don't know how to add him to the account and...
  5. Help with adding additional email

6. help with onedrive Transferring to new pc Windows 10

help with onedrive Transferring to new pc Windows 10: In the past I asked for help transferring to a new desk top pc,,and was advised and used "One Drive" So far one drive has moved Documents and Pictures but not "Downloads" to my nhew pc I checked on old pc Downloads are not in my One Drive.. Again I'm older and memory plus not...
  7. Help with onedrive on two devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with onedrive on two devices: Hi, I just got a new laptop for freelance work. My onedrive account moved all of my files from my personal laptop. I want to keep some of them but remove the rest from this new laptop. And then I want to remove those files the ones I'm keeping on New Laptop, from the old...
  8. new additional HDD to new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new additional HDD to new PC: I want to add an additional HDD taken from my old PC to my new PC and use as a 2nd HDD.. this 2nd HDD drive still has the Win 10 OS on it from the old PC that I do not wish to use.. all I want to do is access the Data on it.. can I remove just the Win 10 files/folders and...
  9. additional folders for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    additional folders for OneDrive: So I had an issue earlier with red X's and got that resolved. But now I was thinking. If I want to upload things automatically that aren't in my OneDrive folder how do I do that? I don't want to have to make sure to move everything to the OneDrive folder....
  10. Adding Additional Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Additional Devices: I have 5 devices on my MS account. I wish to add 5 more. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices/5f4d14c1-5c6b-4292-8c0d-c8efa62ef884