Windows 10: Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

Discus and support Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I set up my new laptop a few weeks ago I didn't notice the "install onedrive as your default drive". Once I realized this had happened I unlinked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GavinSimms1, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

When I set up my new laptop a few weeks ago I didn't notice the "install onedrive as your default drive". Once I realized this had happened I unlinked it and found the explainer to change the Registry Editor to restore MyPC as the default drive. So far so good.

But I notice when I select the search bar that one of my files shows up as location OneDrive\File1 whereas everything else is MyPC\File2 etc.

Any idea why this is happening?

I can't find any property of the file that contains OneDrive and it's actually saved in MyPC like everything else. And OneDrive is empty.

Thanks in advance for any pointers here.

:)

GavinSimms1, Aug 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

1. Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC - Similar Threads - OneDrive MyPC

2. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  3. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  4. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  6. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  7. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  8. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  9. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...
  10. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...