Windows 10: Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

Discus and support Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I set up my new laptop a few weeks ago I didn't notice the "install onedrive as your default drive". Once I realized this had happened I unlinked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GavinSimms1, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

When I set up my new laptop a few weeks ago I didn't notice the "install onedrive as your default drive". Once I realized this had happened I unlinked it and found the explainer to change the Registry Editor to restore MyPC as the default drive. So far so good.

But I notice when I select the search bar that one of my files shows up as location OneDrive\File1 whereas everything else is MyPC\File2 etc.

Any idea why this is happening?

I can't find any property of the file that contains OneDrive and it's actually saved in MyPC like everything else. And OneDrive is empty.

Thanks in advance for any pointers here.

:)

GavinSimms1, Aug 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC

1. Windows 10 / OneDrive / MyPC - Similar Threads - OneDrive MyPC

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?: Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the past. Is there something about the way 1Drive works that I don't understand?Thanks -...
  5. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?: Hello. After I recently started my OneDrive service for the 2nd time and I am finding folders that are now empty. These folders were not empty in the past. Is there something about the way 1Drive works that I don't understand?Thanks -...
  6. My OneDrive Service May be Flawed?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. OneDrive do not logg in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive do not logg in.: I have one corporate OneDrive and one private OneDrive. The private OneDrive does not want to log in and when checking status it says there is no account acosiated with it. If I then try to acosiate my private it only let me write the emejl adress and when klicking next it...
  8. OneDrive do not logg in.

OneDrive do not logg in.: I have one corporate OneDrive and one private OneDrive. The private OneDrive does not want to log in and when checking status it says there is no account acosiated with it. If I then try to acosiate my private it only let me write the emejl adress and when klicking next it...
  9. OneDrive do not logg in.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Support for dealing with OneDrive issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Support for dealing with OneDrive issues: I've expended quite a bit of time researching how to purchase the space to continue to use Excel and Word, applications that I need to use daily. I've moved all the files that are not Office related to external devices. But I still see warnings about OneDrive usage greater...