Windows 10: Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location

Discus and support Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My significant other has all of their medical school notes stored in the onenote windows 10 app. This inst the 365 version since the school provides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KabirRaut, Sep 4, 2019.

1. KabirRaut Win User

Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location

My significant other has all of their medical school notes stored in the onenote windows 10 app. This inst the 365 version since the school provides 365 without OneNote support, so there is no way to export as a notebook only PDFs that are unreadable. Last time they tried syncing the files it deleted almost all the files and only some were recoverable, obviously this was a little stressful. I want to get them upgraded to the full version of OneNote but they are afraid that once they do that it will try to sync and delete the files again. Is there any easy way to access the files that are stored locally on the computer? I've tried a few locations but they all seem to be for the full version of the app. My other plan is to just do a system image on an external drive and then if shit hits the fan I can just recover the whole system form the drive, but I am a little afraid that won't work either.

:)

KabirRaut, Sep 4, 2019

2. OneNote App not syncing_Can't find file location

The default OneNote App that comes installed with my surface pro 4 won't sync. Additionally I have looked for and could not find the file locations. I am trying to either backup my data or sync to my onedrive.

1. Onedrive is only synced with my OneNote 2016 (not the app) from almost a year ago.

2. I have several extensively filled "misplaced sections". When I try to move or copy these sections I get the error message "we couldnt sync some changes in this section because the file was moved or deleted".

3. I have attempted signing in and out of my accounts tired to my onenote only to lose large chunks of data except those stored in the misplaced section.

4. I have looked in

C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Office.OneNote_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\AppData\Local\OneNote\16.0

which is empty. The other location I have checked is

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0

Which the above only shows my almost year old files.

TL;DR I cannot sync my misplaced section in the onenote app and cannot find to file location either to make backups.

Moved from: Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Unknown/other

MatthewCSU, Sep 4, 2019
  3. OneNote App not syncing_Can't find file location

Hi Matthew,

It seems that the app may be corrupted. I suggest that you reset the OneNote app. You can do so through Settings:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

If the issue persists, it might help to uninstall and reinstall the app.

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Get the OneNote app from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Sep 4, 2019
  4. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 OneNote App Local File Location - Similar Threads - OneNote App Local

2. OneNote for Windows 10 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote for Windows 10 files: I am very frustrated by Microsoft's answers on this question. I use OneNote for Windows 10 frequently. I have a large notebook that I want to transfer to my work computer, because it has a lot of information that I need to do my job. I can't log into my personal Microsoft...
  3. OneNote for Windows 10 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote for Windows 10 files: I am very frustrated by Microsoft's answers on this question. I use OneNote for Windows 10 frequently. I have a large notebook that I want to transfer to my work computer, because it has a lot of information that I need to do my job. I can't log into my personal Microsoft...
  4. OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote for Windows 10 desktop app: Hi, I want to set OneNote for Windows 10 to open when I hit a button on my drawing tablet. The drawing tablet supports to open programs. However, I cannot find where the executable of OneNote is stored on my PC. When going to "start" and typing "OneNote", I see the...
  5. OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote for Windows 10 - File storage location: Office 365 - Windows 10 x64 OneNote for Windows 10 Where are the clips stored, which file extension? Can I find them? Is there a way to change the file location? I believe, within 2016, one could change the location(?), but with Office 365? Microsoft 365 Family and...
  6. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages: I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-and-opening-a-lost-file-in-app-data-local/4a7e29f1-96ad-47bb-b1ed-83119dbad4c0
  7. No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Onenote for Windows 10 app.: There is no sound when I play back audio in the OneNote App for Windows 10. When I record audio or dictate in the OneNote App for Windows 10, it seems to record properly, but there is no sound when I play back the audio recording. If I right-click the recording in the...
  8. File location of Mail app in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    File location of Mail app in Windows 10?: I want to get the right click > send to > mail receipient functionalilty working in W10 and to do this I need to set the file association for the .mapimail extention. Anyone know where I should set it to (the location of the Windows Mail app) please? 14645
  9. Storing Onenote notes locally?

Storing Onenote notes locally?: When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one). 104451
  10. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Exe onenote file path

2. onenote windows10 tmp file

3. onenote file location windows 10

4. what is the location of onenote file in windows 10,
  5. onenote for windows 10 file location,
  6. onenote installation location windows 10,
  7. user local onenote file,
  8. where is the OneNote app located on Windows 10?,
  9. moving onenote files from tablet after end of school year,
  10. onenote for windows 10 open local file,
  11. where are onenote files stored win 10,
  12. windows 10 onenote app file location,
  13. windows 10 onenote file location,
  14. file:///C:/Users/610046544/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Office.OneNote_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/EmbeddedFileFolder/0/expository writing packet.pdf,
  15. how to create a local onenote