Windows 10: Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365...

Discus and support Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; looking at my OneNotes from the old OneNote 2016 I still have one machine, I can they are stored in a variety of locations that do get synched to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by leonardraphael, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365...

looking at my OneNotes from the old OneNote 2016 I still have one machine, I can they are stored in a variety of locations that do get synched to the cloud: some in user's name SharePoint, some in shared organizational SharePoint, some in business OneDrive.

When i try to open the file I get a message telling me it was created in an earlier ver of ON, and that i should download and open with OneNote and then synch.

But the local Win 10 ON thinks the file is corrupted.

Any suggestions on how to systematically move all my cloud ON files to cloud folders that Win ON can access.

Don't see why I'd want to keep any ON files in One Drive if i use SharePoint.

Office 365 tried to help but said Win10 ON is outside their realm.

Is there a windows 10 tech support that deals with ON? I'm ok with using up one my Windows support incidents if it would help.

Len

:)

leonardraphael, Jan 9, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365... [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365... [​IMG]

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

Kari, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365...

Office 2013 a.k.a Office 365 question

Office 2013 and Office 365 are not the same thing.
    Office 2013 is the traditional local install (stand alone).
    Office 365 is a cloud service that allows access to the Office 2013 application in the form of web apps. If you only have Office 365 it appears that you would need a constant internet connection as it uses "click-to-run" (application streaming) technology.
    The information is a little sketchy, but it looks like you can have it on 5 devices (with the ability to switch devices if needed) and up to 5 users who can access it on any of the 5 devices.
    Each user needs a MS account, so yes, your mom would have to have internet access to use it on her device (which would be one of the 5 total devices).

I think you may be able to store the files locally, but you would still need the internet to have access to the application.

My recommendation would be to try the preview so you know for sure what it will do for you. It can always be deleted if it does not work well for you. Remember also, that if you use it and do not eventually buy a subscription ($100/year) your cloud data will be deleted and will be unrecoverable.

$100 a year for 5 devices and 5 users and never having to worry about updating the application (it's in the cloud) is a very good deal in my opinion. I've used some of the Office 2010 web apps (with SkyDrive) and they worked very well for me.

Kreij, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365...

1. Windows 10 OneNote can't find some ONote files that can be accessed via cloud Office 365... - Similar Threads - OneNote can't find

2. Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account: Hey guys,I have an issue I am not able to resolve and I can't find any helpful solutions searching for it. We have all of our users in Exchange Online and some of our field service users are using the Windows 10 Mail App because they only get mails like once a day, so they...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app can't find settings for Office 365 Account: Hey guys,I have an issue I am not able to resolve and I can't find any helpful solutions searching for it. We have all of our users in Exchange Online and some of our field service users are using the Windows 10 Mail App because they only get mails like once a day, so they...
  4. Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can no longer access the office 365 admin centre: I created an account with Microsoft and got the basic business plan. Was trying to set up the users and domain settings and it automatically logged me out. Now I can only access a users account I created but not the admin account....
  5. can't install office 365...windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can't install office 365...windows 10: I had office 2016 ...signed up for an office 365 subscription ...tried installing the new office ...yet, when I run excel etc ...it's still showing as office 2016 despite checking for updates ....I knew I should have uninstalled offi e 2016 first so , I tried uninstalling...
  6. I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...: I've been trying to get familiar with Windows 10 and its features. There's lots about it that confuses me: - What's the difference between "OneNote" and "OneNote for Windows 10"? Why does Windows 10 have both? It feels like bloatware. - What is SharePoint? - What is Office...
  7. Malware in OneNote cloud

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware in OneNote cloud: Hello, I have finally found the result of the constant malware infestation, after a full clean insulation from USB and BIOS update. I pretty sure that 6 month battle between me removing this malware was not a result of root kit. I can finally confirm this because after 2...
  8. sharepoint access with office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sharepoint access with office 365: how can I use sharepoint for my softball team. I don't belong to a school I belong to a sports organization. I also don't belong to a work organization...
  9. Office 97 files on Windows 10 Office 365

Office 97 files on Windows 10 Office 365: I know I've been very lax in sticking with Office 97 for years, but the time has finally come to go to Win 10 and Office 365. My question is regarding the Office 97 files (Excel and Word) which I currently have. Will they work under the 365 Excel and Word? They are not...
  10. Office OneNote update via Store

Office OneNote update via Store: There is a new update available for Office One Note App Version 17.6868.57811.0 Available from Windows Store Not the version which updates with Office 2016 49128