Windows 10: Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

Discus and support Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The solution posted here: A fix for links not working in OneNote Online - Microsoft Community doesn't seem to work for Windows 10 OneNote created link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yu Ching Chang, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

Yu Ching Chang, Mar 6, 2021

2. OneNote For Windows

Hi NikitaLee1,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

We can use OneNote for Windows 10 app to open, display, and edit existing pages created from a template. However, creating and customizing new page templates isn’t possible with OneNote for Windows 10. This feature is available in OneNote 2016 application.

Given the situation, we’ll suggest you provide your feedback in the following OneNote UserVoice thread. UserVoice is the best way to give the feedback to Product Group as it’s actively monitored by them and many new features have been implemented from
    our customers feedback.

Templates in UWP

Meanwhile, as a workaround, if you have OneNote 2016 application installed on your computer,
    then you can finish creating and saving a custom template and then sync the notebook to OneDrive for business and later open it in
    OneNote for Windows 10 to continue working.

For detailed steps, see Create
    or customize a page template in OneNote 2016 for Windows

Regards,

Neha

Neha Singh MSFT, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

Kari, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

OneNote 2016 occasional artifacting. Should I be worried?

I'll let the picture do the talking:

Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online artifacts-png.png

Only happens sometimes. Does not happen in any other program, even when the artifacting is happening in OneNote. OneNote is up to date. Artifacting always on bottom 1/4 of the screen, but always inside of the OneNote window.

Should I be worried about my GPU? Have had the 1070 for less than 2 weeks.

tabascosauz, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online

1. Windows 10 OneNote created links not working in OneNote Online - Similar Threads - OneNote created links

2. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not available online: Hi. Hoping someone can assist. I have OneNote on my laptop but when I try to access OneNote online, I get "Sorry, we can't get your notebooks right now. Please try again later. Reference number: bc0acfd1-2870-435d-afd5-d6ed048f82db". I want my notes available across my...
  3. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote not available online: Hi. Hoping someone can assist. I have OneNote on my laptop but when I try to access OneNote online, I get "Sorry, we can't get your notebooks right now. Please try again later. Reference number: bc0acfd1-2870-435d-afd5-d6ed048f82db". I want my notes available across my...
  4. OneNote not available online

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i create checkbox in onenote for windows 10. I created that on Onenote for android...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i create checkbox in onenote for windows 10. I created that on Onenote for android...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mazbeg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0qc00/how_do_i_create_checkbox_in_onenote_for_windows/
  6. OneNote For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote For Windows 10: In OneNote 2016 I can Print from PowerPoint and send to OneNote 2016 and create multiple pages in Onenote 2016. This is essential for me because I read through many presentations, of over 50 pages, and I need the ability to create links in OneNote to the individual pages....
  7. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  8. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  9. Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update: We on the OneNote team are always working to improve our experiences and provide more to our customers. From big release to small updates and enhancements we are always listening to your feedback. In today’s post we wanted to introduce you to a couple recent updates: Clip to...
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my shared one note link not working