Windows 10: Windows 10 Online Recovery?

Discus and support Windows 10 Online Recovery? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi There, Why is it in 2020 that Windows 10 still doesn't have an automated process of recovering it's own system files from web following a botched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by O11y, Sep 24, 2020.

1. O11y Win User

Windows 10 Online Recovery?

Hi There,

Why is it in 2020 that Windows 10 still doesn't have an automated process of recovering it's own system files from web following a botched upgrade, blue screen or hard drive corruption? Surely tools like SFC and DISM could easily be modified to check a microsoft repository for whichever precise version of the file it needs and the image could be restored without the need for digging around in a command prompt under Windows PE?

I strikes me as odd that this feature is still missing, are there any plans to implement this in the near future? If not, what are technical challenges preventing it? I imagine drivers could complicate things but I don't think that should make it impossible and the routine could always go searching for an offline Windows directory and load drivers from that before giving up and making you do things the old fashioned way.

Cheers,

Olly

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows 10 Online Recovery? partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Online Recovery? - Similar Threads - Online Recovery

2. When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-the-bitlocker-recovery-id-page-going-to-be/5437a777-6c82-4552-9b9a-6ed150090367
  3. When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-the-bitlocker-recovery-id-page-going-to-be/5437a777-6c82-4552-9b9a-6ed150090367
  4. How can I get my recovery key if my laptop was bought online and I never activated this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my recovery key if my laptop was bought online and I never activated this...: I just turned on my laptop and the bit locker screen was thrown at me, I don't remember putting that security system on my laptop since it only came from Amazon and I started using it. I don't know what to do, If I try to restore it tells me that I cannot restore....
  5. How can I get my recovery key if my laptop was bought online and I never activated this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my recovery key if my laptop was bought online and I never activated this...: I just turned on my laptop and the bit locker screen was thrown at me, I don't remember putting that security system on my laptop since it only came from Amazon and I started using it. I don't know what to do, If I try to restore it tells me that I cannot restore....
  6. Online Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Online Recovery Drive: Hi I am experiencing Harddrive Issues recently on my Laptop. best suggestion as of now is to have a USB flash drive as a recovery disk and use it on change of hard disk. can we have this recovery file stored online just in case. may be stored in OneDrive of associated...
  7. Recovering key from Windows recovery image or online profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering key from Windows recovery image or online profile: My motherboard died unexpectedly so I had to purchase new hardware. My old Windows installation wouldn't work on the new hardware so I had to reinstall Windows. The problem is that I don't have my software key now to activate it. I have a backup image of Windows stored on an...
  8. Question about Windows 10 Product key online recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about Windows 10 Product key online recovery: Hello, a few months ago while I was searching Microsoft Help I saw a suggestion to store my Windows 10 product key online. I was asked to make an account in Microsoft for that purpose and so I did. My thought was that if I came across any problem running windows in my pc...
  9. Can I keep using PC online while creating Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I keep using PC online while creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to create Recovery Drive or Windows 10 Version 1903. I had created one already for Version 1809 and it took hours to create it. So I'd like to know if I can be online during the time it takes for this without in any way interfering with this process?...
  10. Recovery of a lost product key purchased online from mircosoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recovery of a lost product key purchased online from mircosoft store.: I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 Pro online from the Microsoft Store. I installed on my computer, but before I had the chance to change the product key, my computer was attack by ransomware. During the recovery, I had to reformat my hard drive to eliminate the ransomware....