Windows 10: Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account

Discus and support Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello im running windows 10 that is updated and i recently ran into a problem where my account says its a guest account and after i log in i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeMadoll, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account

Hello im running windows 10 that is updated and i recently ran into a problem where my account says its a guest account and after i log in i cant access anything that requires admin. When i try to access user settings in control panel it asks for admin password which i know but it doesnt display a box to enter the password it just shows a no button to click and thats it

:)

LukeMadoll, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account :(

Zakin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account

Windows 10 - Guest Account

Did not work for me.

Sharon Croft, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account

1. Windows 10 only account somehow changed to guest account - Similar Threads - account somehow changed

2. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  6. Guest Account Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest Account Windows 10: how do I add a guest account on Windows 10 for guests to use my computer without accessing my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-windows-10/b96ca412-5111-49e1-9818-cbe2a6ca544d
  7. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  8. Guest account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account in Windows 10: How can I activate the Guest account in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-in-windows-10/62b6d407-430d-4640-868f-26688e2aad99"
  9. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  10. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...