Windows 10: Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets

Discus and support Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon all, I have been having the strangest issues after windows updates with my headphones. It started when my mic stopped working out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeXian68, Dec 11, 2019.

1. HeXian68 Win User

Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets

Good afternoon all,

I have been having the strangest issues after windows updates with my headphones. It started when my mic stopped working out of nowhere one day after an update, keep seeing the test picking up but it does pick up in my games. Then this became worse when, after another update, my headset stopped working completely...but here is the weird thing, they work if I listen to music in groove and a few other windows apps but I cannot get sound in my brave browser (watching twitch) as well as Apex Legends?

I have tried setting the default device
    I have tried installing headphone drivers (it does not show the headphones as a device)
    I have tried updating all sound drivers
    I have just bought another headset and the problem persists.

It is driving me up the wall and now I have two useless headsets

My HD audio is Realtek
    My WinVer is - Windows 10 - version 1903 build 18362.476
    Headset 1 - Sade-807
    Headset 2 - JBL in ear (cheap ones)

Thank you in advance for any help because I have found no joy in the weeks that I have been trying to get a workaround

:)

HeXian68, Dec 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets :p

cadaveca, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets

Windows 10 not allowing me to uninstall certain apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the Taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.

Refer the below article “”Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?” and follow the steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets

1. Windows 10 only allowing certain apps to play through my headsets - Similar Threads - allowing certain apps

2. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  3. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  4. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. audio wont play through headset

audio wont play through headset: alright, so I get on this morning only to find out I can't hear audio through my headset. I can play audio with the built-in speakers, I can use the microphone on my headset, but I cannot get audio to play through it, it just stops. I've reinstalled drivers, I've reset, I've...
  7. Audio plays through my headset

Audio plays through my headset: I just got back on my desktop and I have noticed that my audio has been playing through my headset. When I am in discord I cannot play games or listen to music as people hear it through my headset. I have tried 2 different headsets and both have this issue. although i have...
  8. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  9. vr headset game play through steam app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vr headset game play through steam app: i cannot get games on steam to play through the headset. my computer and hardware comply and as well as my version of windows. vr games play fine from any other origin but steam. steam will only show on the display screen for my computer. followed microsoft steps and...
  10. My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...

My laptop will not play sound through my headset, and just continues to play through my...: Once I plug my headset into my laptop, it just ignores it. My laptop continues to play through the speaker. On playback devices you cannot find my headset. I've done an update/restart of the laptop and nothing has been fixed. I have tried other earbuds, but the same result....