Windows 10: Windows 10 only allows me to have one Network Location mapped

Discus and support Windows 10 only allows me to have one Network Location mapped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Is there anything in WIndows 10 that would NOT allow me to have more than one network location mapped? I connect to HostGator using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Handler, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Handler Win User

Windows 10 only allows me to have one Network Location mapped

Hello!

Is there anything in WIndows 10 that would NOT allow me to have more than one network location mapped?

I connect to HostGator using WebDAV (Webdisk) and I have my own hosting and I do website maintenance for a soccer club on a different HostGator server. I can map one or the other but not both.

If I try and map the second one after putting in my password windows says "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."

If I delete the already established mapping and then add the one that is giving the error it will work. But then the one that I deleted will not and I will get the same error message from windows.

Vista and resource hoggish as it was would let me do this!

I appreciate the help!
    Best Regards

:)

Handler, Mar 29, 2016
  2. Plantje Win User

Why is the maps app and Bing maps online so bad at giving results in the Netherlands?

Every time I do a search for a particular street in the Netherlands using the maps app on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 it doesn't find anything at all!

If I use Bing maps I know why: it is looking for business name or category. If I copy paste my query to "Location" the street can be found. Is there a setting in the maps app that allows me to look for locations only or both businesses and locations?

Plantje, Mar 29, 2016
  3. No Mapped Network Drive Letter Created In Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

I have several different Windows 10 PCs. So far I am running "Windows 10 Anniversary Edition" (AE) on only one.

On those PCs not running AE, when I map network drives I get a drive letter which can be directly addressed as, for example, "M:\". Standard Windows stuff that I've been doing for many years.

On the one PC that is running AE I can no longer address networked drives I've created by drive letter. The reason? I experimented and found that "Map Network Drive" now works the very same as "Add a Network Location". No drive letter is created.

Indeed, I did both these processes on the AE PC and the resulting connections both showed under "Networked locations".

This is a show stopper. We have many, many apps in our shop that point at networked drives.

Rodger Beard, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 only allows me to have one Network Location mapped

1. Windows 10 only allows me to have one Network Location mapped - Similar Threads - allows Network Location

2. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem: Only at one location [my home] I am unable to connect to 5GHZ WIFI. I can see it under available networks. It says "can't connect to this network". Only at home. I can connect to 5GHZ network in office. Very strange. I tried many tips, nothing seems to work. Windows 10....
  3. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem: Only at one location [my home] I am unable to connect to 5GHZ WIFI. I can see it under available networks. It says "can't connect to this network". Only at home. I can connect to 5GHZ network in office. Very strange. I tried many tips, nothing seems to work. Windows 10....
  4. Only at one location 5GHZ network not connecting, only at home I have problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Windows allows me to have only one display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows allows me to have only one display language: Hi,My Windows license allows me to have only one display language, but I want to change it.Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-allows-me-to-have-only-one-display/88085255-1d27-4ae6-8328-5d312c060391
  6. My Windows allows me to have only one display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows allows me to have only one display language: Hi,My Windows license allows me to have only one display language, but I want to change it.Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-allows-me-to-have-only-one-display/88085255-1d27-4ae6-8328-5d312c060391
  7. I have two roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up in network map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up in network map: I have two Roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up on the network map in win10 and win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-roku-streaming-devices-on-my-network/c0906dae-9baa-4ef3-bd8f-96dd2a8eb828
  8. I have two roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up in network map

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have two roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up in network map: I have two Roku streaming devices on my network, but only one shows up on the network map in win10 and win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-roku-streaming-devices-on-my-network/c0906dae-9baa-4ef3-bd8f-96dd2a8eb828
  9. Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?

Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?: Hello, I was wondering if network file sharing can be allowed only over my office's WiFi and disable on all other networks such as hotspots. 128649
  10. Allow connection to only one WiFi network?

Allow connection to only one WiFi network?: Hello, Is it possible to allow my company's laptops to be connected only to one and only one WiFi connection which is my company's? 126537