Windows 10: Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

Discus and support Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Diablomaster761, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any other browser however when I load up any other browser, it only loads for a millisecond then closes but when I open task manager, it says its still there.
    I need this fixed asap as I have many homework's I have to do and Edge is just too different to even try and use.
    Frankly, im sick and tired of trying to get this issue fixed, I've been trying for literal days and I've made no progress.

Here are the steps ive tried;

-go to windows settings

-click update and security

-click windows security

-click app and browser control. choose off for the following

check apps and files

SmartScreen for Microsoft edge

-uninstall chrome then download it then install it again

2. Ive factory reset this pc two times and the issue hasn't resolved

3. And then most recently I was given a link to go to msft.it/6013Tg835

This was to do a clean boot

I just want to fix this issue as its causing a lot of un needed stress as now I have homework's piling up and I cant do anything because Microsoft would think it would be ideal to put out an update which just breaks my browsers and tries to force me to use this terrible Microsoft Edge

:)

Diablomaster761, Apr 22, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 22, 2020
  3. AOL home page on Windows 10 Edge and Chrome browsers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if this issue confined to specific website.

I suggest you to Maximize and Minimize the browser screen and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the
    Microsoft Edge
    browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

1. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser. - Similar Threads - letting Edge browser

2. Need help with keyboard- will not let me use letters only no #

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with keyboard- will not let me use letters only no #: Need help with keyboard * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-keyboard-will-not-let-me-use/81dd2f37-572c-4cf7-a02e-b665e49a6bd1
  3. Need help with keyboard- will not let me use letters only no #

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with keyboard- will not let me use letters only no #: Need help with keyboard * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-keyboard-will-not-let-me-use/81dd2f37-572c-4cf7-a02e-b665e49a6bd1
  4. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works on Windows 10: I recently got a new laptop which is on the windows 10 home os. Since then the only browser that has worked at all is Microsoft edge or internet explorer. Its not that I really hate edge, I just prefer using Chrome and don't understand why it won't work. This happens with all...
  5. Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,: Hello there, My asus Laptop with Ram 8GB, 1 Tb HDD freezes when I use more than 1 tab in edge. I earlier had this issue with chrome too then i Reset my PC and was advied to use only Edge but now I am facing the same issue with Edge. KIndly Help....
  6. Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...: Hi Reddit. I'm having trouble with my laptop ( Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 1-14-AST-05, Running Windows 10 S version 1909). I'm trying to change the Microsoft Edge browser's default search engine to Google, but where you would normally select it is greyed out and does nothing on the...
  7. I can only use Edge and no other browsers work

I can only use Edge and no other browsers work: So i can only use edge and no other browser work, as soon as i open it it crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-edge-and-no-other-browsers-work/f05754e1-ec2a-4e74-b922-951703b72c20
  8. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  9. Edge won't let me sign in

Edge won't let me sign in: In the the Win 10 Pro Settings I clicked on Help which opened the robot window. I asked my question and eventually clicked on Speak to a person Message a Windows Advisor. After filling in my name, question etc I clicked on the arrow and a red message popped up saying I needed...
  10. Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 News
    Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser: Just like in the previous Windows versions, users can choose in Windows 10 from a plethora of browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera, which are currently three of the most advanced solutions in this particular software category. But starting with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only lets me open edge

2. windows 10 will only let edge be a browser