Windows 10: Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth

Discus and support Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so maybe im overlooking something here but i have the problem that even tho windows is saying everythings working correctly and everythings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/drdraak1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth

Okay so maybe im overlooking something here but i have the problem that even tho windows is saying everythings working correctly and everythings plugged in (already updated the drivers(even tried different ones)) there is no sound coming from my speakers even tho the sound is all the way up even headphone jack doesnt work on the otherhand bluetooth audio works just fine.

Does anyone have a single clue what the problem could be or how to fix it cause its kinda frustrating

Thanks i advance

submitted by /u/drdraak1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/drdraak1, Dec 1, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth :(

Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Dec 1, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|Networking / IoT / Servers |ASUS Global

P4-630, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth

1. Windows 10 only outputting sounds via bluetooth - Similar Threads - outputting sounds via

2. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  3. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  4. Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output

Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output: My Bluetooth earphone was connected to the Windows 11 laptop, the device was listed in the Bluetooth device list, and it was listed in the sound device list, but it was not listed in the sound output quick menu. So I can't use the Bluetooth device as a sound output device....
  5. Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphone was not listed in sound output: My Bluetooth earphone was connected to the Windows 11 laptop, the device was listed in the Bluetooth device list, and it was listed in the sound device list, but it was not listed in the sound output quick menu. So I can't use the Bluetooth device as a sound output device....
  6. Sound suppression problem via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound suppression problem via bluetooth: Hello,SO my problem is that when i connect my xbox wireless headset to pc via bluetooth its works fine till i turn on discord then every sound i hear is like suppressed. I tried a lot of things. When Im not in voice talk on discord i can kinda can change the sound back to...
  7. Sound suppression problem via bluetooth

Sound suppression problem via bluetooth: Hello,SO my problem is that when i connect my xbox wireless headset to pc via bluetooth its works fine till i turn on discord then every sound i hear is like suppressed. I tried a lot of things. When Im not in voice talk on discord i can kinda can change the sound back to...
  8. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4: I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound output. I am using...
  9. Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available

Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available: Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 laptop running Windows 10 64bit connected to a Bluray 5.1 surround sound home theatre system via HDMI cable for audio output through the 5.1 speakers and visual output on the HD TV. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I recently...
  10. only static sound in audio output

only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...