Windows 10: Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Discus and support Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank you for all your help. Last resort is double boot into linux but i would rather use windows. =) Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EBNUNO, May 10, 2016.

1. EBNUNO Win User

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Thank you for all your help. Last resort is double boot into linux but i would rather use windows. =)

EBNUNO, May 11, 2016

2. Thanks

HP support: HP Pavilion p6320y Desktop PC

If you look at the drivers for Win7 (Win10 doesn't help - just directs you to MS), you'll see that your drivers are baseline drivers. I'm not suggesting that you get any drivers from HP, just wanted to anchor the support page in your thread.

I'm fairly confident that the drivers from Nvidia in post# 12 will improve your machine. I'm not sure that they'll solve the issue.

There's still the issue with the 2TB limit on MBR disks. If there's no data on the DATA drives, I suggest converting the DATA drives to GPT
    see: Change a Master Boot Record Disk into a GUID Partition Table Disk (ignore the Win7 reference - works in Win10 too)

If your machine sees the whole drive, then it was a 2TB limit issue.

If not, then I suggest waiting a little longer fro any other input from other forum members.

Slartybart, May 11, 2016
  3. EBNUNO Win User
    This is something that i already tried. The drive is setup to GPT and i have attempted to install the windows 7 drivers from HP to no avail.

I have left the drive as GPT. ( I set the drive to GPT prior to starting this tread.)

EBNUNO, May 11, 2016
  4. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Ok, thanks

Then I guess it's time to try the Nvidia drivers in post# 12

If there is an issue you can roll the drivers back in Device manager.

Slartybart, May 11, 2016
  5. EBNUNO Win User
    No good =(
    I guess linux here i come. lol

Thanks for all the help. I would think there would be a generic driver for this issue. But oh well. It works in linux

EBNUNO, May 12, 2016
  6. EBNUNO Win User
    WAIT!!!!! Noticed that after running the install driver program that the driver version number had not changed. So i did a driver update from the device manager pointing the driver update to the folder that the install program created and BAMB!!!!!! Problem resolved!!!

You rock SlartyBart!!!!
    Thank you for all the help!

EBNUNO, May 12, 2016
  7. Excellent !!!
    You're most welcome

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

1. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive - Similar Threads - sees 746gb 3tb

2. External 3TB Drive broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External 3TB Drive broken?: Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my computer( for an update), it wouldn't open. Whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me this error. As I said, it worked...
  3. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  4. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Support
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  5. 3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.

3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.: I have this drive working fine in win7 on the same PC. I formatted it as GPT, and win7 sees the entire 3tb space and is usable. I copied many gb of video files onto the drive. I boot win10 with this drive, it does not appear in file manager. disk management shows the...
  6. New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB

New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB: Hi, I recently acquired a second-hand PC that had everything working fine but lacked a hard drive. I bought a 3TB HDD and installed it. Afterwards, I installed Windows 7 (because I had a key for it), and then I upgraded to Windows 10 because I prefer it. I noticed as...
  7. 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?

3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?: ok i got a 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated and computer management wont let me do nothing with it. i dont care what i got to do with this drive i just want access to the full size of the drive. can someone please help me out on how i might get this done? 104457
  8. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive: Good Day everyone, This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB 49877
  9. Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?

Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?: I bought a 3 TB drive today, to replace my, existing 1 TB drive which was 95% full. This is my "D" drive and is data only, no OS on it. Its actually all my WEB server data, for IIS. My plan was to use Paragon Hard Disk manager and clone my existing 1 TB, D drive to the new...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive: I recently purchased a internal 3.5 inch SATA Seagate 3TB Hard Drive from Amazon as it caught my eye because it was on sale. *chuckle I'm trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, and my problem is that my desktop, a Dell OptiPlex 3010, is only seeing 2.7 TB (2,794GB under...