Windows 10: Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

Discus and support Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adit Pal, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Adit Pal Win User

Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data .

:)

Adit Pal, Mar 5, 2023
  2. MlgGuy Win User

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it was in GPT format. after which i wanted to re install the windows 7 but it asked for mbr format so i Converted it succesfully to mbr through easeus partition . after i installed the windows i wanted to convert it back to gpt which was succesful but a blinking underscore is coming. I will be thankful if there is a fix for that.

plus. i cant find any other option related to uefi in the bios

MlgGuy, Mar 5, 2023
  3. 7mgte Win User
    Convert Windows 10 MBR to GPT (UEFI)?

In reviewing my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) system I noted that the Secure Boot Status is showing as "unsupported". Investigating further, it appears either the GPT partition for booting using UEFI (is Secure Boot) has become corrupt or my installation was
    never installed for Secure Boot. My Windows 10 install is an auto-upgrade from a Windows 8.1 install.

Is there a way to convert the MBR to GPT without doing a fresh install? I do have a USB recovery drive built at a point I believe I had indications Windows was booting from a GPT (UEFI) partition. In fact, the USB recovery drive shows as being a UEFI drive.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

7mgte, Mar 5, 2023
  4. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

convert MBR to GPT disk

convert mbr to gpt

There is a way to convert mbr to gpt without data loss. clean command deletes all datas inside the disk, so dont use this command

boot with windows dvd , and get into command prompt

type diskpart , find the disk number , which is need to convert mbr to gpt

say disk number is 0

exit diskpart

type below command in command prompt

mbr2gpt /convert /disk:0

wait for some minutes to complete , once you get commpleted successfuly means, exit and close ,

shutdown the pc , remove windows dvd

important

After the disk has been converted to GPT partition style, the firmware must be reconfigured to boot in UEFI mode.

Make sure that your device supports UEFI before attempting to convert the disk.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

1. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT... - Similar Threads - showing blinking cursor

2. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  3. Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 only showing a blinking cursor at boot after i converted from MBR to GPT...: I converter my boot mode to GPT from MBR mode. But as there is no option for selecting UEFI on board in bios. I'm not able to boot. Is it possible if i can convert back to MBR mode without losing my data ....
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  8. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  9. Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT: I have one SSD and other normal HDD. On SSD, i installed window 10 and on HDD normal data. Both are MBR partition. So my question is can i re-install new window 10 using GPT partition on SSD without interrupting other hard-drive....
  10. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...