Windows 10: Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU

Discus and support Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had my old Windows 7 AutoCAD machine lying around for a really long time in storage, and I just thought I'd drag it out and clean it up. I erased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kitsep, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Kitsep Win User

Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU

I've had my old Windows 7 AutoCAD machine lying around for a really long time in storage, and I just thought I'd drag it out and clean it up. I erased the hard drives which still had Windows 7 and some of my old school stuff on them and installed Windows 10, only to be greeted with an extraordinarily slow experience. at first I thought it was just because it was an old q6600, but I later found out Windows was only using a single core.

I checked in BIOS, all of the cores are enabled. I also reinstalled Windows 7 although I've lost my activation key, so I can't activate it which sucks and I have confirmed that in Windows 7 it does indeed show four cores. I know for a fact I've used Windows 10 on q6600 CPUs, because one of the machines at my job has the same CPU and is currently running Windows 10 with all four of its cores enabled.

I found a couple potential fixes, but none of them seem to work at all, windows simply refuses to see any more than one core. Is this because I haven't activated Windows yet? I made sure to run all updates after I installed Windows 10, but once I saw that it was only using one core, I decided to hold off on activation until I knew if it could be fixed or not

Q6600, 8 gigs of RAM, 100 gig SSD, 1Tb HDD, dual Quadro FX 4800 and an EVGA 680i motherboard

Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU [​IMG]

:)

Kitsep, Aug 22, 2020

2. problem cores cpu

hello

my cpu is 4 core but task manager show the 2 core:

http://dl4.tajdownload.ir//Untitled.png

why fixed?

my os is windows 10 64bit enterprise - version 1709 - build 16299.125

cpu: a8-7600

mohammada1, Aug 22, 2020
  3. core unparking

I have a I5 7600 4 core cpu everything in the system is show 4 cores but there parked, I have the software for unparking them but when I use that it only shows 2 cores and that they are unparked but in the task window in performance it show all 4 cores
    and that they are parked? so I'm not sure which is right and which is wrong since the program to unpark the cores is only showing 2 cores and not seeing the other 2 cores, but in the registry which is where it's looking all 4 cores are listed there. So my
    main question then is there a place in the registry that you can change the cores to unpark them?

LoganSniper, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Plankton Win User

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

Open up task manager, select performance tab, select cpu.......then look at the bottom right of window. There you will find the info on your cpu......sockets, cores, logical processors and your cache. This is mine....a single processor with 4 cores that has hyper-threading which gives me 8 logical processors.

Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU [​IMG]

Plankton, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 only shows 1 core on 4 core CPU - Similar Threads - shows core core

2. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately Hi, After I updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time .and...
  3. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately Hi, After I updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time .and...
  4. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: After i updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time . and the CPU is showing only 1 core instead of 4 cores.kindly take this question seriously and please fix...
  5. CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Usage on 100% and CPU showing 1 core instead of 4 cores . Please Fix this Issue Immediately: After i updated my windows 11 on 5/12/2022 the device has been really slow was having a lot of lag.it is showing a 100% of CPU usage without doing anything all the time . and the CPU is showing only 1 core instead of 4 cores.kindly take this question seriously and please fix...
  6. I have 4 cpu cores but it seems to show 1 core,I also can't enable the cores in boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 4 cpu cores but it seems to show 1 core,I also can't enable the cores in boot.: I can't activate my processors although it shows me I have 4 cpu cores in my device manager,but only shows 1 in task manager,i tried enabling it at boot but it only shows that i only have 1 cpu core[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  8. Windows 10 4 Core CPU Core Compatibility Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 4 Core CPU Core Compatibility Question: I currently have a Dell Precision 7920 with a SINGLE Intel Xeon 4 Core CPU w/32GB RAM. I want to add a SECOND IDENTICAL Processor/RAM compliment making it 8 Core. Dell indicates the system was shipped with Windows 10 Workstation 4 Core OS. Does the Windows 10 Workstation...
  9. My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is only using 1 core, cpu comes with 4.: I am using the hp elitebook with the intel 8265u processor. The one I have comes with 16gb of ram and 4 cores, but when I’m in task manager, it says I am only using one. I have tried going into msconfig, but when I try to change the boot option, it only shows one core. How...
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...