Windows 10: Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,...

Discus and support Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I just had a quick question about issues that I am having at times with waking up my computer Windows 10 after it has gone to sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NateRiver4, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,...

Hi there,

I just had a quick question about issues that I am having at times with waking up my computer Windows 10 after it has gone to sleep mode. My problem is that only SOMETIMES, when my computer goes to sleep, I am unable to wake it up with either my mouse or keyboard OR my powerbutton. The only way I can wake up my computer again during those times is by turning on and off the power outlet/source that my computer chords are attached to, or by flipping off and on the power switch at the back of my computer I assume this is for the power supply?. I have looked on other websites and questions which all recommend changing things like the settings of my keyboards and mouse. I am more wondering why even my power button is not able to wake up my computer and that the only way this is fixed is with the power source. I also dont understand why this only happens sometimes.

Thank you

:)

NateRiver4, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard, or mouse

Hi there,

I just had a quick question about issues that I am having at times with waking up my computer (Windows 10) after it has gone to sleep mode. My problem is that only SOMETIMES, when my computer goes to sleep, I am unable to wake it up with either my mouse
    or keyboard OR my powerbutton. The only way I can wake up my computer again during those times is by turning on and off the power outlet/source that my computer chords are attached to, or by flipping off and on the power switch at the back of my computer (I
    assume this is for the power supply?). I have looked on other websites and questions which all recommend changing things like the settings of my keyboards and mouse. I am more wondering why even my power button is not able to wake up my computer and that the
    only way this is fixed is with the power source. I also dont understand why this only happens sometimes.

Thank you

NateRiver4, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,... [​IMG]

Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,... [​IMG]

Chadi, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,...

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,...

1. Windows 10 *only sometimes* wont wake up after sleep mode. Not with Powerbutton, keyboard,... - Similar Threads - *only sometimes* wont

2. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  3. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  4. Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes can't wake up PC from sleep mode: Sometimes the computer will not wake up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time, but approximately one out of every five or six times it goes to sleep the only way I can wake it up is disconnecting it from power altoegher long pressing the power button doesn't even...
  5. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  6. Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep: This occasionally occurs after manually setting the pc to sleep. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is a way to fix the issue? submitted by /u/Conells [link] [comments]...
  7. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  8. Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10): Hi there, I've recently started having this problem when i leave my laptop for about 20 the keyboard lights stay on but the screen is black, but when i try to activate it from the keyboard or power button it wont turn on and i would have to restart my laptop. When i...
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...