Windows 10: windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise

Discus and support windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no idea what to do. It shut down last night, and keeps going to the blue screen to start automatic repair, diagnostics, etc, wont start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ericacopeland, Sep 16, 2018.

1. windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise

I have no idea what to do. It shut down last night, and keeps going to the blue screen to start automatic repair, diagnostics, etc, wont start windows. Tried chkdsk as advised in other forums, to no avail. Only way I can access windows is through safe mode. It WILL allow me to go into safe mode with networking as long as I have an ethernet cord...wont allow me wifi. I've tried resetting but there is no other profile to reset it to and I don't want to wipe it all because I can see everything here in safe mode. There has to be a way to fix this!! Help please!! windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise :(

:)

ericacopeland, Sep 16, 2018
  2. DownHard Win User

Windows 10 computer is getting stuck in Repair Loop. How to boot into safe mode?

Original Title: PC stuck in Repair Loop

Went to start PC with Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8, PC locked up and then went into Automatic Repair Mode. PC will not complete the Repair Loop. With other Windows you are able to start the computer in safe mode, how do you access Windows 10 in Safe
    Mode?

DownHard, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Window 10 Automatic repair loop

Hi Samuel,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the Automatic repair. Have you tried the steps provided by
    Lawrence Crumb?

Since your computer is stuck on the Automatic repair loop, let me suggest you to boot your computer to
    Safe Mode and try the recovery option in Windows 10 on this
    link

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 16, 2018
  4. wolff215 Win User

windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise

Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize.

A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that Windows was attempting to repair. I was then greeted by this screen:

windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise [​IMG]

I have attached the file mentioned in the screenshot.
    I have no access to safe mode, it goes into the loop as well.
    I tried system restore, it said it was successful, but yet the loop continued.
    When I use bcdedit to turn off the automatic recovery I am greeted with this screen:

windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise [​IMG]

I have run chkdsk and it says there are no errors. I can load into a linux dual boot I have so I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue. Running "sfc /scannow" returns and error, I will try to post what it is soon, I forgot to write it down.

Thanks for any help,
    Isaac

wolff215, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise

1. windows 10 only starts in safe mode loops back to automatic repair, etc otherwise - Similar Threads - starts safe mode

2. Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 safe mode works but normal mode boot loop automatic repair: I'm sure you are busy so I'll try to make it as short as possible. Thanks in advance for reading. Windows system: Virtualbox VM, migrated into KVM. This vm boots just fine in virtualbox. Issue: Preparing automatic repair boot loop during boot in kvm. Attempted remedies: 1....
  3. Windows 10 stuck in a boot loop, automatic repair or safe mode aren't opening either.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck in a boot loop, automatic repair or safe mode aren't opening either.: After a windows update, when I open my laptop I get the message "Your PC run into a problem and it needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you". Then the laptop just shut down without restarting. When I open it again I get the same...
  4. Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Only Starts in Safe Mode: After an update, Windows 10 does not run. It begins to start up Windows logo appears, but after about 10 seconds the screen goes completely black. Windows Recovery Environment does run and Windows Safe Mode also runs. I would appreciate any help to fix this issue....
  5. Windows 10 only works in safe mode from automatic repair - freezes during boot up otherwise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 only works in safe mode from automatic repair - freezes during boot up otherwise: Hello! My PC is a Lenovo Ideacentre AIO 520. After a forced shutdown due to freezing, my computer can no longer boot up normally. The loading circle freezes and occasionally I get a 'WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR' blue screen, which never actually restarts. I can only access safe...
  6. BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode: Hello, Recently I had received a blue screen with the error of "irql_not_less_or_equal." After my pc had restarted, it has been stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. It will stop loading during the preparing automatic repair screen and then turn black. It will then...
  7. Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up

Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up: Windows 10 is on a automatic repair loop at start up nothing wo rks in advance options can not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-an-automatic-repair-loop-on-start-up/f2822a72-cffa-4ac2-98a1-069e5d86060b
  8. Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode: Ever since the Windows 10 Update (1809) a couple of days ago, my computer will only start in safe mode. Other than that, it freezes immediately after starting. I am at a total loss. Can anyone help?...
  9. Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair loop, no safe mode, no system restore: I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, if not I apologize. A couple of nights ago my computer was in the process of going to sleep and it decided instead it wanted to crash. I restarted it the next morning and was greeted by the screen telling me that...
  10. Windows only starts in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows only starts in safe mode: Thank you very much. I will look into all these options although it updated a few days ago and there were no prompts about it this time.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 loops in automatic repair mode