Windows 10: Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM

Discus and support Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Device nameDESKTOP-AJD2UQS ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 4.10 GHz Installed RAM64.0 GB (31.9 GB usable) Device ID Product ID System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by digdug, Mar 16, 2021.

1. digdug Win User

Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM

Device nameDESKTOP-AJD2UQS
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 4.10 GHz
    Installed RAM64.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
    Device ID
    Product ID
    System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

EditionWindows 10 Pro
    Version20H2
    Installed on‎2021-‎03-‎15
    OS build19042.631
    ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

My problem is in bold. Windows and the programs in windows can't use all RAM.
    I had an older installation of windows 10, version 1909 and it has the same issues as this new install from MS download to a formatted USB drive build version 20H2 on a new SSD.
    BIOS shows all 4 sticks of RAM and currently set to XMP profile 1. I've used different BIOS versions and RAM configuration settings with no change, except faster or slower performance.
    I've used memtest86 full test (which took ~14 hours to complete!) and zero errors on all 4 sticks of RAM.
    CPU-Z detects all RAM with the only difference being two were mfg. 1 week earlier than the other two.
    I found some other answers on this and other forums and tried their suggestions to no avail, which include:
    The MSConfig -> Boot -> Advanced -> Maximum Memory check box
    I've also put all 4 sticks into a gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro with an AMD 3700x with the same result, so it's not the processor, board, or BIOS.
    The current system is:
    Gigabyte AX-370-Gaming K7 BIOS F4
    AMD Ryzen 1800X

Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Another post in this forum asked for someone with a similar problem to show a CMD WMIC query.

:)

digdug, Mar 16, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 16, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM - Similar Threads - using half installed

2. Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?: ..I confirmed CPU is X64.I have BIOS AMI R01-A3, 2020-08-18I found this reference page for the specific computer model: https://www.helpdrivers.com/desktops/Acer/Aspire/Aspire_TC-390/ It lists the same version number, but with a slightly newer date: 2020/11/03This doesn't...
  3. Windows suddenly only using half of RAM I installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows suddenly only using half of RAM I installed: Hello,A few months ago I installed a second ram stick which makes it 8gb RAM now 2x4 and like I expected, 6gb was usable. Today - after GTA V warned me that I don't meet ram requirements - I checked and only 3,41GB out of 8GB was usable but Windows still said I have 8GB...
  4. Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM: Device nameDESKTOP-AJD2UQS ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 4.10 GHz Installed RAM64.0 GB (31.9 GB usable) Device ID Product ID System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎2021-‎03-‎15 OS...
  5. Use only half of display??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use only half of display??: If I have a 65 inch TV, is it possible to utilize only 32 inches or so of that display and the rest black? Like basically using 50% of the total screen area as a monitor? submitted by /u/Nismo_370z [link] [comments]...
  6. Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.: So for Context, I have 32Gbs of ram installed on my PC and it only shows 16 Gbs as useable. It used to only have 16Gbs installed and only 8Gbs usable until I ordered more ram. I've tried and looked for the fix online but everyone just says make sure maximum memory is turned...
  7. Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004 latest update at the time of writing. This is on 8GB RAM, yet Windows manages to use over half of that see screenshots I've done some googling but I couldn't find a recent answer or an answer I could find in different places....
  8. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  9. Win10 only see half of ram installed

Win10 only see half of ram installed: Hi I have a problem with my new build. Win10 only sees half of my ram installed. I have Corsair vengeance Rgb Pro 16gb installed but Win10 only says i have 8gb 7,95. Bios show all 16gb, Cpu-z show all 16gb and says they dual channel Corsair iCue sees both ram, and i...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Only seeing half of installed RAM

Windows 10 Pro Only seeing half of installed RAM: Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 from Win 7 after upgrading my hard drive to a solid state drive. Since the upgrade Window only see's half of the installed RAM. I have read numerous articles and tried many different fixes and suggestions but to no avail. Is it...